4.6 CMS problems on new MacBook Air

TBerryTBerry Posts: 0

I just downloaded and installed Studio 4.6 onto a new MacBook Air running OSX 10.8.5. I also installed the Genesis2 pro bundle. Both of these were installed using DIM. I have two major issues that may or may not be related.

1. CMS is not running so no Smart Content. I checked Activity/all Monitor and no DCMS when you double click the "start DAZ Content Manager". I tried deleting Studio and reinstalling but same problem.

2. I can create a scene with my new content not using Smart Content but there is an issue saving the scene. You don't get any errors but when you reopen the scene it is empty of content. The scene you created is gone but all the settings were saved.

Any ideas?

A day later and very frustrated.

I am new to the MAC and after a lot of reading, learning the Finder and more work realize that DCMS is not getting installed in the Library folder. I was fooled into thinking I had found "start DAZ Content Manager" when it was evidently a shortcut to nothing. I have now run uninstall and install three times being ever more careful to make the proper selections about DCMS but still no DCMS install. There is some critical piece of info I'm missing. Yes, I'm logged in as administrator and telling OSX to go ahead and allow system changes.

Does anyone know if no DCMS is what is preventing me from saving a scene with content in it?

Post edited by TBerry on