Texture and MAT files missing when installed with intall manager

ScareCrow12ScareCrow12 Posts: 0

This is a huge problem I'm having when trying to load characters. All of my files are loading fine except for the texture and mat files.
DS is saying they can't find them. I loaded all the files using the install manager and I was wondering if maybe the reason for my problem is because I used the recommend content directory instead of making a new one. Can someone please let me know how I can fix my problem?

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Depends what the product is. Sometimes the Poser version may have the textures while the DS version only has presets to apply them.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Most likely the location you're installing to isn't listed in DS as a Poser-format content folder. Go to Edit > Preferences > Content Directory > Content Directory Manager and expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections. You'll want to add the path listed in Install Manager (Settings > Installation will show the path) under both.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I loaded all the files using the install manager and I was wondering if maybe the reason for my problem is because I used the recommend content directory instead of making a new one.

Have you just started using the Install Manager? The big problem that trips up a lot of people is that it does not use the D|S existing default content location, and the two programs do not communicate to tell each other where things are being installed to.
  • ScareCrow12ScareCrow12 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, here is the message I keep getting when I try to load a file:

Cannot fine a file for /Runtime/Libraries/Daz/Victoria4/Deltas/Morphs++/injDeltas.PHMEyesirisSize.pz2

To avoid seeing this message, make sure that Poser content directories are set up correctly

Now, the odd thing is, I have separate directory folders set up for content, but DS still can't manage to find and load all my file content.
    Did I set the directories up wrong? If so, can you please give me an example of how to set it up the right way?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Can you post these 2 screenshots:
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

edited October 2013

Okay, I've attached the two screenshots.

File_manager.jpg
    579 x 534 - 171K
    File_content.jpg
    475 x 475 - 106K
    Post edited by ScareCrow12 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,476
    edited December 1969

Those are morph files, not material or texture files. If you are applying the settings to Victoria 4 do you have the required morph packs (at least the head and body morphs)? If you are applying them to Genesis, don't - the maps will work, but the morph injection poses won't so you will need to create your own shape from the available Genesis morphs (or get the Victoria 4 morphs and the GenX plugin).

edited October 2013

Those are morph files, not material or texture files. If you are applying the settings to Victoria 4 do you have the required morph packs (at least the head and body morphs)? If you are applying them to Genesis, don't - the maps will work, but the morph injection poses won't so you will need to create your own shape from the available Genesis morphs (or get the Victoria 4 morphs and the GenX plugin).

I bought all the morph forms for Vicky 4 years ago. I found out that several files aren't loading, not just the texture files. the morph files are giving me the same message as the textures. My guess is that I don't have the directories set up properly. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Oddly enough, I didn't have this issue with the earlier versions of DS. This one is just giving me nothing but trouble. I spent $2,000 on Daz files over the course of six years and right now I can't use the majority of them successfully.

Post edited by ScareCrow12 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Simple Question, Has the DzCreateExpFiles bat files been run for the Generation 4 figures? If not the Morph channels will not exist.
    Just a idea.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Simple Question, Has the DzCreateExpFiles bat files been run for the Generation 4 figures? If not the Morph channels will not exist.
    Just a idea.

Now that I've investigated a bit more into my files. Some of the morph and texture files are loading just fine, but not all of them. I'm putting everything in the same directory and some are loading but others are giving me that message saying DS can't locate the flies.

As for the DzCreateExpFiles bat, the morph channels are all there. The issue is that for some files the morphs and textures will not apply to the V4 character. For example the Fanny V4 character loads fine but the Amalie V4 character won't. Both are in the same directory but one loads one doesn't. So, I'm wondering if this is an issue with the way I set up the path when I uploaded them?

edited October 2013

If you moved the Files from Paths that were in the loaders RELATIVE path then yes that will break them from loading.
    Example: /Textures/Amy V4/Jade/Texture_Amy.png and /Textures/Amy V4/Texture_Amy.png would BREAK the Path as Jade was a part of the needed path to load the texture.

The same applies to most loaders, most of which are text files, you could Read them and Put the files in the proper paths again and then they should work.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Okay I think I fixed it. My V4 character was loaded in a different directory than my morph and texture files. It seems to be working. Thank you for your help.

One more thing, if anyone has the Amalie character, can you tell me why I can't load any of her material flies? do I need a separate product to make them work for V4?

edited December 1969

After checking the Amalie info I suggest you check the Paths here also.