Broken Images and Links in Documentation Center

Zig ZagZig Zag Posts: 96

Hi,

I just happen to find lots of tutorials in the documentation center where links and images are broken. Why doesn't anyone at DAZ bother to fix them?

Thanks

Post edited by Zig Zag on

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Possibly they don't know they are broken; you could report them as issues to support to try to help get them fixed.
    Or, possibly they aren't done yet. Much of the documentation has been "under construction" and isn't (and may not get) done.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

A lot of the older tutorials were done by individual members of the community, and not by DAZ 3D. It is possible that they can only be updated by the person concerned.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,535
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    A lot of the older tutorials were done by individual members of the community, and not by DAZ 3D. It is possible that they can only be updated by the person concerned.

No, I don't think so. The doc centre isn't as good as it used to be when there was still Artzone. I think documentation got a bit neglected lately.
  • Zig ZagZig Zag Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Go to the Documentation Center. Search for "Shader Mixer". On the first page of the results, image links are broken. It's the same for lots and lots of images in those docs.

I have been told that the forums and old art zone wiki's urls were moved. Daz employs top notch programmers. How hard can it be to write a small program that updates the old urls with the new ones? That would save a lot of frustration for new users. And prevent a lot of those often excellent docs and tutorials rendered useless.

• dholmdholm Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Maybe DAZ is downsizing like our company has been doing the last few years.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think the issue is the content from the ArtZone server was not kept. Thus there is nothing to link to. The dead links just need removed IMHO.

• Zig ZagZig Zag Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I think the issue is the content from the ArtZone server was not kept. Thus there is nothing to link to. The dead links just need removed IMHO.

This seems to be the case. But for the old forums the images are still there, one can access them by manually correcting their urls...

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Which leads to tutorials without pictures - very helpful ...
    I think they should port the pictures from the old server to a new one an fix the broken links.