2»

Comments

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,999
    edited January 2019

Really, really enjoying him.

Maxx at the gym:

Maxx Workout

Click for full view.

He doesn't have HD dialed in there. Still looks good, but very young looking skin, am going to try the same thing again with HD applied.

Also I hadn't noticed the "pulled" morph yet, I appreciate that a lot, hadn't really seen an option for that before and had recently been looking around other sites for an option like that.

Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • Love the look of Maxx! I would love to have seen more action renders instead of so many lite and airy pictures. Something either hero or villan in some space armor or in some hero costumes instead of skipping on the beach in speedos or thongs over and over again. Maybe fighting with some giant monster.
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

Wow....I'm on a content diet, and you made me take out my wallet. Shame on you, Hellboy, shame on you.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

Thank you so much, L'Adair and Hellboy for answering. Yes, now I definitely must have him.

• Really excellent character, you keep getting better with every new release !

• ButchButch Posts: 798

With luck, Maxx will set a new level with other PA's. 

Are the skin shaders, tatts and tanlines usable in Octane? I can only do the tanlines manually as LIE.  

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 3,014

I love him! Great character! 

IMMAGINE_maxx.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • Update to the earlier image with HD dialed in. Definitely loving this guy! Pretty much all the rest of my renders so far though have just been testing out all the different options.

Maxx Workout HD

Click for full view.

Bought him! I'm very impressed. I'm trying to understand everything. I'm not an expert. I have the genitals loaded on Maxx and the skin maps, applied as a hierarchical preset. (There isn't a separate genital skin mat.) I tried Maxx Skin Shade 14 on the figure just for fun. In a test render, the genitals did not pick up that shade. So, I selected the genitals and double-clicked on Skin Shade 14 again. Nope, in the test render, the genitals still did not pick up that shade. What am I doing wrong? I have read the Skin Shades Note Script, and found the Skin Shades Weight and the Skin Shades Color in the Surfaces Tab. 

I had expected to find a little mini-app to work with the Skin Shades. But I guess that's not there, right? Just look and work in the Surfaces Tab?

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,999
    edited January 2019

Selecting Maxx and applying the Skin Shade 14 also applied it to the genitals for me. Were the elements fit to Maxx, and had you applied the "All Mats" preset to it first so that they are using the custom shader? You may need to check to see if the surface for the genitals is using the shader called "Layered Skin".

Actually I see you said you did find the Skin Shades Weight on the genital surfaces (I assume). Not sure then as I just tested it and it applied correctly for me, with Maxx selected and using the preset.

Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on

Thanks for the quick response. I'll have to check. I am on a Macintosh. Would that make a difference? I found the Skin Shades Weight and then Color both for Maxx and for the gens, in Surfaces, yes. Should I be able to select just the genitals and apply one of those skin shades to it?

• You should be able to just select Maxx and it will apply to both, that's what happened for me. I didn't try applying it just to the genitals. I have a render going now but I will check after.

No idea on the mac thing, it shouldn't make a difference, if it does that sounds like a Studio bug.

Nope, not working for me. Yes, the elements were fit to Maxx. I've tried "all mats" and "all mats complete." The gens don't pick up the various shades. Is there a way to work around this?  I think I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. For the genitals, I don't find a shader called "Layered Skin," although there are so many shaders. I'll check again.

• I was actually referring to on the surfaces pane when you select the surface, what shader it says it is using. (Image attached, the top of the box just below the "Presets" and "Editor" tabs, "Shader: Layered Skin")

Otherwise I would say just copy the colors and weights from the torso after you apply the shader preset, but again you really shouldn't need to, it is working as a heirarchical preset for me.

And actually, if I select the genitals and apply one of the skin shader presets, it applies to both them and to Maxx as well.

Just double checking, these are the anatomical elements that come from DAZ and one of the Pro 8 bundles, not ones from a different site?

layerd_skin.PNG
    483 x 263 - 46K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Instabuy for me as well.  I was thrown for a loop with all the extras you included in the pack.  

I have to say, if any content creator were to release a set of video's showing their work flow you would be the one I'd like to learn a thing or two from.  

By the way, how did you create the beach scene with the sand kicking?  that's just too realistic for words.  Also the lighting on the skin as he's walking. Just gorgeous.  Realistic!  

Ya done real good Hellboy!  Real good!  :-) 

I was actually referring to on the surfaces pane when you select the surface, what shader it says it is using. (Image attached, the top of the box just below the "Presets" and "Editor" tabs, "Shader: Layered Skin")

Otherwise I would say just copy the colors and weights from the torso after you apply the shader preset, but again you really shouldn't need to, it is working as a heirarchical preset for me.

And actually, if I select the genitals and apply one of the skin shader presets, it applies to both them and to Maxx as well.

Just double checking, these are the anatomical elements that come from DAZ and one of the Pro 8 bundles, not ones from a different site?

OK, thank you very much for the help. Yep, it does say "Shader: Layered Skin." Actually, I made a really dumb mistake. Hate to admit it, but I double-clicked on the "Add Tan Lines" and did the full thing for briefs. I forgot to remove the tan lines. After removing the tan lines, things work as you've described. The tan lines blocked all of the other shaders from taking hold. I'm admitting my mistake just in case somebody else does something like this. This really is a remarkable product.

• Oh, I didn't even think about that! Glad you got it working though.
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    RAMWolff said:

Instabuy for me as well.  I was thrown for a loop with all the extras you included in the pack.  

I have to say, if any content creator were to release a set of video's showing their work flow you would be the one I'd like to learn a thing or two from.  

By the way, how did you create the beach scene with the sand kicking?  that's just too realistic for words.  Also the lighting on the skin as he's walking. Just gorgeous.  Realistic!  

Ya done real good Hellboy!  Real good!  :-) 

Thanks! :D

The sand was done with a mix of green screen footage, Fluidos and DaVinci Resolve´s own particles system... It was more work than planned, but I was focused on making it happen LOL

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,368
    edited January 2019

Thought I'd ​pop this here as well

Maxx.jpg
    849 x 1200 - 668K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited January 2019

Finally had a chance to render Maxx

Maxx.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Kharma on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,414

Finally got around to buying this and testing it - it's crazy how much additional content you get with this. 

• How morph accurate is maxx without brute?

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,607

It was posted on the first page. I am going to say that Brute is rather required.