Courageous V4, how can I display short version?

RuthvenRuthven Posts: 641

Hallo to you all!
I'm using Daz 4.6 on Mac with Mountain Lion. I can't figure out how to make appear the short version of the tunic. I have the "material" script in the content library, but it only works in showing out the long version. I tried using a short version texture I downloaded from ShareCg, but the lower part of the skirt remains black - as in the texture - or "basic shader" couloured if I select "none" in Diffure Coulour tab. So, what must I do to make a material zone be transparent? I'm not very expert in using Daz, yet, so there's still a lot I have to learn.

Thank you in advance for every suggestions!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Select the Dress and go into the Surfaces pane and select the Skirt Long material zone and set Opacity to 0%, That will give you a short skirt.

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 641
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much Szark; it's so simple I should have thought it myself, but of course it was... TOO simple! Actually, I guess I was more concetrated on searching for a "transparency" parameter and didn't notice "opacity" :-p Surely it's an important thing to learn, it'll be very useful for my future works. Have a lovely weekend!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

My pleasure but not all clothing sets are designed this way which is probably why you concentrated on transmaps. ;)

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 641
    edited December 1969

Okay, so I guess I'll have to keep "trial and error and trial again"... let's go on playing! :-)