How do you move morphs from one node to another? **ANSWERED**

BasisBasis Posts: 121

I've been making a lot of morphs on a project I'm working on, but close to the end I decided the whole project would be much more cleaner if I moved subject morphs from one controlling node to another (for example moving morphs from the Genesis Node to the Head node, or from the Head node to the jaws or eyes.)

I'm assuming the property editor would be the place to look. However I don't know where exactly.
The longer the editor is active the more unstable DAZ becomes and that becomes a pain when it can take 30 minutes to an hour to populate, only to crash immidiately after it's done or after a handful of clicks.

The only other alternative would be to bound back and forth between Hex and DAZ. Apply a morph in DAZ, send to Hez, remove the morph in DAZ, resend the morph back to DAZ, rebuild the morph with the new Node and a temporary name, remove the old morph, then rename the the replacement morph to the original's naming scheme.

That would take hours.

Can someone point me to a good resource on the subject matter or sum up a fix action?
Thank you all for any help that can be provided.

Post edited by Basis on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,476
    edited December 1969

Update to 4.6.1.17, the Property Editor has been replaced with the Property Hierarchy, which is much faster to load. The Parameters pane has an Edit mode which handles some of what Property Editor did. I do need to warn you that there's currently a crash bug with using ERC Freeze on adjusted joints however.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

You can't move them as unlike Poser figures those other nodes don't have any mesh "attached" to them, so there is nothing there for your morph to work on, that is why with a Tri-Ax figure all of the morph deltas are in the BODY.

• BasisBasis Posts: 121
    edited October 2013

Thank you for your replies, I'll check out the updated Daz as I'm still on the 4.6.0.18.

I did a quick check about the property editor. And after finding some advice saying to exodus your Genesis morphs I pulled everything out except the morphs I wished to work with.

The editor came up very quickly once I did that.
    Then I noted the Hierarchy subsection and found the entries I needed (the only morphs left from the exodus).

As there didn't seem to be anything specific about moving properties between nodes in the editor, I did a quick, and successful, experiment.

As it turns out you can select the properties and drag them out of the node they reside in and drop them into another Node.
    It asked me to name the group address and then the problem was solved.

**AFTER ACTION COMPLETE**

Post edited by Basis on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,476
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    You can't move them as unlike Poser figures those other nodes don't have any mesh "attached" to them, so there is nothing there for your morph to work on, that is why with a Tri-Ax figure all of the morph deltas are in the BODY.

The morph modifier can't be moved, but the controller can.