Sky Chaser Expansion PoserCF- installs to wrong location via DIM

Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

HU- if you have Sky Chaser Expansion and installed the PoserCF via DIM and can't figure out why you can't find it... it's because it installs to the wrong location. It's missing the /Runtime/ from the install location, causing it to go one directory upwards into the Daz Studio content rather than in with the Poser content.

It currently goes to Library > Libraries rather than Library > Runtime > Libraries.

What app do I list it under for a tech ticket? Daz Studio, DIM, or Poser?

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    HU- if you have Sky Chaser Expansion and installed the PoserCF via DIM and can't figure out why you can't find it... it's because it installs to the wrong location. It's missing the /Runtime/ from the install location, causing it to go one directory upwards into the Daz Studio content rather than in with the Poser content.

It currently goes to Library > Libraries rather than Library > Runtime > Libraries.

What app do I list it under for a tech ticket? Daz Studio, DIM, or Poser?

I would list it under DIM, since you installed it with DIM
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Ticket submitted. :)

Just wasn't sure if the DIM label was for software issues with DIM itself or extended to installing via DIM also.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

It's a gray area. I periodically have something that I'm not sure if it's a DAZ Studio bug or a content bug, so sometimes it gets reported as one but then gets fixed as the other. In the old sysem one might close out the DS report and open it in the content database, but I haven't seen that happen in the new system, perhaps beacuase we're reporting them all to the same place now anyway?

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the troubles. The vendors have no control over the install files that totally DAZs part. I can only suggest putting in a ticket. I often wonder do people really use the poser stuff we make or not.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

Oh, no worries. I know you guys don't do the packaging. :)

I went to test Sky Chaser in PP2014, and had to go hunting to figure out why I couldn't find it. I just don't use Genesis a lot in Poser (I actually started with DS), but with some updates to the importer, using Genesis feels a lot better.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on