Smart Content Woes - help please

ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910

I am having problems with the Smart Content - mainly it is not showing when I have nothing in the scene selected.
Running Studio 4.6.1.17 Pro on Windows 7
When I have Genesis selected, I do have content showing when either files or product are shown. When I deselect Genesis and therefor have nothing chosen because I want to choose something else (like G2F) nothing will appear no matter which tab I select. I have reloaded the meta-data numerous times after resetting it, but nothing helps.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just tried this, and it took more than two minutes for anything to appear in my Smart Content pane. I have an i7 64 bit Quad, with 16 GB RAM, and it was stuck for a long time.

When it finishes, it says I have almost 5,000 items, to that it probably why it takes so long. I don't know why it would work for Genesis, and not display the Default categories when nothing in the scene is selected. Usually CMS works or it doesn't work, there are no in-betweens.

Does it say 'Searching' in the little box at the top of the Smart Content pane when you deselect everything in the scene?

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Thanks for replying Jimmy, After fussing with it for QUITE a bit more time, I was able to get the items to show up in categories, but not under the ALL option. And, unfortunately, there is no indicator of it processing info while i have waited (up to half and hour or more) also on an I7 quad machine.

I would love to have my all category working again as I am having trouble locating some of the items that I have purchased, downloaded via DIM and installed. The categories don't always seem to make sense for the product.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I haven't come across this before.

If you hang on for a little while Mike or Adam may be along, and can be a lot more help I'm sure.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,921
    edited December 1969

Maybe a corrupt database?

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Well I have no problems waiting for any suggestions since I am away from that computer until much later anyway.
    I thought about a possibly corrupt database and I have no idea of an easy way to fix it other than trying to reset and redo it (sorry about the terminology - not near a Studio friendly computer right now.) Which I have done numerous times since Friday.
    I am nearly at the point of uninstalling Studio and reinstalling - or maybe including the content with this as well. But I still have patience and perseverance left.