Problem making JCM

mh69arqmh69arq Posts: 0

Hello all! hope i can find solution...

I work on a cloth to fit Genesis, i have to modify it and create a JCM that work properly for a joint. For more confort i modified and created it with the Genesis in pose.
My cloth make exactly what i want with the JCM... but once fitted to genesis, it goes wrong!

This what i can see, and don't found the solution:
My cloth- the corresponding bone of joint have a range in YRotate: [0,-50] and the same on Genesis have YRotate: [-25,25]...

Then:
***Not fitted:

YRotate: [0,-50]
ERC[DeltaAdd] Scalar value: -0.02
The JCM works as it have to be...

***Fitted to Genesis:
The YRotate value from Genesis replace and take control over the YRotate cloth value, now we have:

YRotate: [-25,25]
ERC[DeltaAdd] Scalar value: -0.02
The JCM now only works to [-25,0] due to the scalar negative value... and [0,25] for positive... can´t have [-25,25]...
The JCM doesn´t works properly...

What can fix my problem:
-In the property editor: Force to take the YRotate value from cloth and not the YRotate from Genesis...
-Say that range [-25,25] is now [0,50] to works with Delta Add value...

but HOW? or maybe is there another way to solve the problem!?
thanks in advance!

sorry for my english... and hope you can understand my explanation and the probem!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,476
    edited December 1969

Edit the limits of the morph if you are wanting to stop it from hitting negative values - set limits to min 0, max 1 and check use Limits. You can't have different rotations on the clothing and the base figure (well, you can but then the clothing won't fit). Normally you'd create the morph so it worked at the maximum bend of the joint, then you'd set the ERC so that it was 1 when the rotation was that value - setting it to be 1 at double the rotation possible on the figure seems odd.

• mh69arqmh69arq Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard,

Thanks, i´m ok for the response, i forgot to say that the morph have to be gradually 0 to 100% at the same time change the rotation change.
    About different rotation, i maybe explain bad, the rotation is the same! it´s just the 'how' the program take the value from it: same bone, same name, same rotation (and range value).
    The cloth: the bone have a range YRotate: [0,-50] and then, it change to the genesis value YRotate: [-25,25] when it fit. Having negative and positive values i don´t found how to tell to the ERC[DeltaAdd] how to interpret this range, because if i put positive value it go to [0,+1] and negative value to [0,-1].

I would like to have gradually 0 to 100% of the morph but with a [DeltaAdd] range [negative value, positive value], values due to Genesis in that case. Because without fit the cloth work well because [0,-50] is a range that can deal with the ERC[DeltaAdd] with a negative value.

i hope it´s more clear! :)

edited October 2013

You need to click the gear icon on the slider for your morph. Select Parameter Settings. Set Min to 0, Check Use Limits. The morph will then not go below 0 whatever the rotation does. You will also need to set the ERC multiplier to .04 if you want the morph to be 1 when the bend is at its maximum value of 25.

SetLimits.JPG
    695 x 672 - 91K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Thanks again... but still not solved!
    I know how to do this, i draw a schema to explain better. What you explain and i understand and i already test, the result are a or b in the left schema... but i want the c! if my range have negative and positive like figure A, the value 'scalar' of [DeltaAdd] will drive my morph like a or b (red), but that i don't know it's to have c (Green). (like figure B)

figure B is that i've have before fit genesis, my YRotate set to 0 give a morph at 0% and go to 100% when i set YRotate at -50. The morph change gradually to 0 at 100%. It´s that the result i want...

Actually, when fit, my YRotate will move untill its 0 value without change anything for the morph... and pass 0 the morph will change 0 to 100% gradually until -25. the joint will rotate half the path before anything change to the morph. I would like to have the same thing figure B.

figure A (left) figure B (right)

JCM_P.jpg
    500 x 309 - 56K
    edited October 2013

You can't change the angle - if the joint goes from -25 to 25 then that's what the conformer will do. What you might do is create a new, hidden property that is locked to a value of 0.5 and add that as a second controller to the morph, so that its value is Hidden_property ( 0.5 ) + -0.02 * rotation. When rotation was 25 that would make it 0.5 + -0.02*25 = 0, when rotation was 0 it would be 0.5 + -0.02*0 = 0.5 and when rotation was -25 it would be 0.5+-0.2*-25=1.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Tested and work fine!! problem solved!
    thanks for the patience and take time to try to help me! :)
    Thank you very much!!!