Transferring morphs / Morphs on new figures

Hey everyone,

I'm having morph issues :(. I have two separate questions regarding them, and help on either would be really appreciated.

1. I've recently been trying to learn to create a conforming figure for V4 in Daz 4.5 using this awesome tutorial by Richard Haseltine http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18760/, but I've run into an issue at the end of the process. Everything seems to work except for morphs.

I found that on my new figure only a few of V4's morphs actually affected the geometry. All of the morph *sliders* were present, and they had the limits and what not loaded correctly, but upon sliding them no change took place in the geometry. I then tried manipulating V4's morph sliders while the figure was fitted to V4, but still found that only V4's geometry changed (not the new figure).

As a last ditch effort I then tried to transfer active morphs from V4, but saw no results on the new figure. This sort of leads into my second question...

2. How can I transfer custom morphs in V4's injection channels to clothing? I've been trying to transfer a morph to a jumpsuit figure, but upon using the Transfer Active Morph utility nothing is added to the jumpsuit. Could this have to do with the channels being occupied already on the jumpsuit? Is there a way to manage this?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide, and let me know if you need additional details!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,476
    edited December 1969

Did you try removing the morphs as in the tidying up stage: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/275969/ ? If not the dead morphs will remain, and since there is a morph (albeit non-functional) DS won't create a new one when you use Transfer Active Morphs.

• edited December 1969

Hey, that seemed to do the trick! It doesn't appear to have worked for injected morphs however (I tested clearing those out as well). Any idea what the difference may be with those? Or is it possible that Transfer Active Morphs just doesn't transfer that group?

edited December 1969

Ah. If you mean a custom morph injected into one of the PBM.... channels, I think once a morph for that channel exists it won't recognise and transfer a new morph in the same channel. If you have a morph that isn't transferring, click the gear icon on its slider, then click Parameter Settings, and look to see if thee ntry in the Name field starts PBMDC or PBMCC - if it does, that's the issue. One fix would be, I think, to use Edit>Figure>Clear Generated Morphs, then run Transfer Active Morphs again.

• edited December 1969

Sorry for the delay, I just got a chance to try it out. The morphs do indeed have the PBMCC prefix in the names, but the Clear Generated Morphs didn't yield any new results when transferring, unfortunately. Is there perhaps another way to go about it?

edited December 1969

Not that i can think of, other than creating a custom morph which would be a pain. Well, you could zero the figure (with nothing else in the scene, or or at least nothing else set visible), then export as OBJ using any preset (the DAZ Studio one for example), then load that as a new morph with Morph Loader using the same preset - it would then be a uniquely named morph and should transfer like any other.

• edited October 2013

Hah, just not having any luck here.

In testing however I made some headway. I am pretty sure that a script / set of injections I used for this character has modified its skeleton in some way, and thus the Transfer Active Morphs utility flops most of the time. I know this because I tried taking a clean Victoria 4.2 and was able to transfer the morph loaded version of the morph (that you suggested I make in the above post) without any trouble at all.

I guess the real question now is if I can create a new figure using the modified skeleton relatively easily... I should be able to do this using the methods outlined in your tutorial, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, totally solved it!! It was a noobie mistake. It should've been obvious from the start, but Transfer Active Morphs requires that the morph have a non-zero value for it to transfer properly. I thought the "Active" meant "loaded", but clearly not. Thanks a lot for all your help Richard!

Post edited by joeshelton0001_f3a8ae879b on
    edited December 1969

Glad you figured it out.