Is there no solution for this

madmadmad2040madmadmad2040 Posts: 44

dear daz users and teachers,

i have a task where i have to export mdd files to an other 3d package which does not have options for reverting the invert which daz makes on the z-axis while exporting mdd files.i need to prevent daz from inverting z-axis. please tell me how can i do so.

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I don't have animate2, but I've seen the howto vids and things. There should be an OBJ export dialog that comes up as well after the MDD exports. You can set the XYZ rotations in this export dialog.

• madmadmad2040madmadmad2040 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I don't have animate2, but I've seen the howto vids and things. There should be an OBJ export dialog that comes up as well after the MDD exports. You can set the XYZ rotations in this export dialog.

well i was exporting from file>export>mdd, is there other way and from amimate2 ,could you please give me the links to those vids.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,476
    edited December 1969

The mdd export is the AniMate 2 export. You should get an options dialogue after entering the file name - do you?

edited December 1969

The mdd export is the AniMate 2 export. You should get an options dialogue after entering the file name - do you?

when i animate and export by file>export>choose mdd from dropbox, i get a dialogue box titled "MDD EXPORT BY GOFIGURE",
    the dialogue box has only the scaling options for daz,modo and lightwave but has no options or even a mentioning of axes.

Capture.JPG
    596 x 323 - 25K
    edited December 1969

If you export to OBJ, again using the DAZ Studio preset, are the axes correct?

edited December 1969

If you export to OBJ, again using the DAZ Studio preset, are the axes correct?

yes export to obj is fine with daz presets and as always shows a dialogue-box with the axes and other options

edited December 1969

Does using a different MDD preset help? In any event, I think it's worth a bug report - open a tech support ticket to do that and, assuming there isn't a step we are all missing, it will be passed to the devs (or GoFigure).

edited December 1969

Does using a different MDD preset help? In any event, I think it's worth a bug report - open a tech support ticket to do that and, assuming there isn't a step we are all missing, it will be passed to the devs (or GoFigure).

i even tried different animation mdd files with daz preset and lightwave preset too but the same occurs i'd follow your suggestion and hope for some thing

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

Sorry, I misinterpreted the steps. You export the anim as MDD, and then you export the OBJ as it sits in frame 1 separately using file > export > wavefront obj. It's that dialog that has the xyz axis options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzxeoMHzXNM

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on