FBX Export to Blender 2.69

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

Blender 2.69 (RC) has a FBX import, and DS has a FBX Export.

Has anyone gotten this to work, or even tried it?

My attempts so far have not been able to bring in Genesis (with an armature), or V4

Just curious if anyone has got this working? (...or seen somewhere where someone did get this working?)

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I can export/import fine, but like you, there is no armature, and it's huuuuuuuuge. FBX import in Blender needs a scaling option.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited December 1969

LOL! Yea, the model does come in quite large! There is no scaling on export or import. Disappointing about the armature. I thought that was a big factor in it? With V4 there is a straw mess of morphs laying at her feet...not sure what that is about?

edited December 1969

I have no idea what the deal is with those pick up sticks looking morph deals at her feet. If you hadn't said anything I'd have thought my normals were on and going wonky.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060
    edited December 1969

I have never gotten a working FBX import script for Blender but the animate2 MDD has worked for me even with Optitex dynamic cloth
    or course no rig but animation works, I have not tried with later DS4,6 builds

edited October 2013

The problem with the current importer for the 2.69RC is that there are no FBX import options. You can set the axis and that's about it. The only one I've seen with import options, including the armature, was for the Google Summer of Code 2012, but I haven't found a download link for it (but it says not to use the armature option anyways as it's buggy /shrug).

Right now, it just works like a dumbed down obj import.

/edit
    Found this:

New: FBX Import
    Initial support for importing FBX scenes has been added, with support for cameras, lamps and mesh with UV's, vertex colors and textures.

However there is not yet any armature or animation support.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.69/Addons

Wendy: do you know of a way to export from DS to Blender with standard timeline based animations? I don't have Animate.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060
    edited October 2013

only using MDD but not tried for a long time, was broken one build
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0_h9r_gjk

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Haha nice. That swaying animation is almost hypnotic. o_O

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited December 1969

I have never gotten a working FBX import script for Blender but the animate2 MDD has worked for me even with Optitex dynamic cloth
    or course no rig but animation works, I have not tried with later DS4,6 builds

Hi Wendy, so I just got Animate2 last month during the sale, and it is part of my current project, if I ever get the environment done.

I'll try the MDD export and see how it shows up in Blender, and report back.

Thanks for the tip!