Uberenvironment 2 destroyed by AoA AAS installation

After installing AoA Advanced Ambient & Spot Lights my Uberenvironment 2 won't work anymore. It loads but it has no properties and it does not work as a light anymore.

I tried uninstalling AoA AAS, uninstalling UE1 and re-installing UE1 but it did nothing. I don't know how to get an UE2 installer, it's not showing up on my product library.

Does anyone know anything that might help ??? DS is just useless without UE, it's like my entire DS has been bricked...

I'm using DS 4.1.6.17 x64 on Win 7 x64

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,535
    edited December 1969

UE2 came with DS at the time so I guess you could try to re-install DS.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

did you install the new lights manually or by using the DIM?

• edited December 1969

A DS reinstall did not help, however I re-downloaded the Genesis Starter Essentials and after a lot of struggle it seams it's working again. However something has changed, I can only see the properties for the light in the "Lights" panel, I do not see them on the "Parameters" panel. This was not how things worked before the AoA AAS.

To answer Mattymanx, I did install manually using the exe files first, and then via DIM.

Thanks for the input.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

awz4158 said:
    A DS reinstall did not help, however I re-downloaded the Genesis Starter Essentials and after a lot of struggle it seams it's working again.
    That's right, you only get the under-the-bonnet UE2 files in the D|S installer. The presets in the Content Library that you can click on are in the Starter Essentials installer. (The D|S installer doesn't have any content files at all.)
    I can only see the properties for the light in the "Lights" panel, I do not see them on the "Parameters" panel.

Are you sure the UE2 object hasn't auto-opened in the Scene tab, and auto-selected the Environment Sphere for you? (Things like that happen to me now and then.) I see a "Light" sub-category in the Parameters tab, only when I have the UE2 object itself selected.
  • edited December 1969

It's working now, but panel wise it behaves differently. Thank you all for the help.