Question about PoserCF and \Runtime\DSON\auto_adapted - More files than necessary?

Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Is the DSON Importer just creating unnecessary files? The CR2 and PY files in the actual PoserCFs are just a workaround to load the DUF file in the same folder, but the importer is creating OBJs, PMDs, and CR2s in this auto_adapted folder anyways. Couldn't the fake CR2, PY, and DUF files be eliminated and just use the files from the auto_adapted folder to get our DSON content into Poser natively and bypass the importer?

Also, instead of having Create PoserCF from DS create the CR2/PY/DUF couldn't it also just create the actual CR2/OBJ/PMD (or better yet export the info from the PMD into the CR2 and eliminate that file too)?

Also, for some reason I seem to have duplicates of some products in auto_adapted. For instance, I have at least 2 folders (that I"ve found so far) that both contain Genesis.cr2.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480
    edited December 1969

The contents of the files, except the OBJ, will depend on what morphs, UV maps and so on are present for the item. Something that was complete and would never get additional morphs, UV sets and so on probably could be set up by the maker, but most content needs to be open to additions.