Poser content being installed to the wrong folder

Finally started to install some new things I've bought since everything was changed over to .zip format instead of .exe and I couldn't figure out why my content wasn't showing up. For some reason, (and yes, I'm still using Poser 7 right now) all of the Poser files are being installed into:

c:\program files\e frontier\Poser 7\content\runtime... (then the library folders)

The problem is, there IS NO content folder, so the files aren't being installed correctly. I don't know who's idea it was to add the 'content' to the folder list, but this is not cool at all. I use a lot of custom libraries and have no intention of using that download manager and I wish DAZ had asked us first if we wanted to use it or opt out of it instead of forcing us into it or at least kept the .exe format, it's not like it takes up shelf space.

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

With zips you can install the stuff anywhere you want. You can eliminate the Content folder and just put its contents into an existing runtime.

If you don't use DS, you only need to worry about things in the Runtime folder anyways. Anything above that will be for Daz Studio.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • edited December 1969

Except that everything is put into that folder, even the texture and geometry files that need to be under the Poser directory so it knows where to find them, you can move the figure, pose and prop files, but you have to leave the texture and geometry folders where they are or the injection files can't find them since they are linked to those folders.

edited October 2013

Wait, so you have texture/geometry folders directly under Content next to Runtime? Like this?

\Content
    ...Geometry
    ...Runtime
    ...Textures

That's.. erm.

You should still be able to move them as the files should have :Runtime:Geometries or :Runtime:Texture paths in the files themselves and it was just packaged wrong.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Are you just unzipping directly into your Runtime without using a dummy folder first? Very not a good idea for a Poser-only setup — that /content/ folder everything's been put into is to simplify installation using the DIM, but it is not necessary for manual installation. Unzip to a dummy folder, open that /content/ folder, and move its contents into your Runtime. It's an extra step, I know, but it's the fastest and simplest way of avoiding that extra content folder.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

I actually find it a lot quicker than using the old installers.

I unzip to a temp folder, and then just drag the runtime over to whichever of my runtimes I wish the stuff to go into and merge the runtimes. I have several runtimes set up with unique names, such as V4, M4 etc. If you only have one runtime for P7 then just drag the runtime over to P7 and drop it in there, windoze should then ask you if you want to replace the runtime. CLick yes and you should be set up to go. Don't drop it into the actual runtime, but into the top level folder holding the runtime.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

You could also just use 7zip and not bother w/ a dummy/temp directory. Just open the zip in 7zip and drag things where you want them.