problem with hand pose

DaleCar_06ae99e4f4DaleCar_06ae99e4f4 Posts: 178
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a hand pose. I've used this pose before. And its part of a series of pictures. And other hand poses worked before. But all of a sudden. Hand poses to the right hand side are not working properly.

Left hand poses still work fine. I didn't make any changes that I'm aware of to the right hand. And I'll attach a picture to illustrate the proble.

Thanks
Dale

hand_problem.jpg
1156 x 917 - 95K

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are you using V4/M4 poses on a genesis model?

• DaleCar_06ae99e4f4DaleCar_06ae99e4f4 Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

No this is V4 using a V4 hand pose set I've had for years and used a lot without any problems till now.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,571
    edited December 1969

Poser or DAZ Studio? Poser pose or DAZ Studio Pose preset if it's DS? Which version of the application?

edited June 2012

Hmm... That's new. Never saw that happen before. What software are you using DS4Pro or DS4.5?

EDIT: nevermind, Richard is here. Listen to him.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

You must have put the Supersuit on her and she thought she could stop a bus.

edited December 1969

Daz Studio 4.03.47 I'm not sure about if its a poser pose or a daz studio preset. Not sure how to tell the difference. Its for V4 I know that. And I've used the pose set a lot before with no problems. The left hand poses properly. But the right hand, no matter which pose I use is extremely distorted

Dale

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited June 2012

Are there separate right-hand and left-hand poses, or is this using a .hd2 and being asked which hand to apply it to?

ETA: DS-format pose presets have an extension starting with .ds, Poser's are .hd2 or .pz2

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

Not separate Right and left. When I select the pose. It asks which hand I want to apply it to.

edited December 1969

For the record. V4 is supposed to be falling backward and catching herself in the fall. So the pose is supposed to be flat handed against the floor. And its extremely in the wrong direction.

edited December 1969

Okay, I think only .hd2 poses ask. What set is it from? I'm not seeing any problems with the ones I just tried.

edited December 1969

Its from DPSavageV4. But I've tried poses from other hand presets. With the same distortion to one degree or another. So its not particular to the hand set. Just the right hand for some reason

Dale

edited December 1969

Hmm, the DPSavageV4 hand poses work okay for me. Do they work on an unposed and/or unmorphed V4?

edited December 1969

I'll have to get back to you on that a little later. They do work on V4's in other scenes. So my guess is that they would work.

edited December 1969

Select one of the finger joints that's bending the wrong way and check the Parameters tab for what's currently being used before and after the problem -- post them and maybe we'll see something that might explain why they aren't working right. You can also select the right hand and fingers and Zero them, and see if the poses then work properly.

edited July 2012

Select one of the finger joints that's bending the wrong way and check the Parameters tab for what's currently being used before and after the problem -- post them and maybe we'll see something that might explain why they aren't working right. You can also select the right hand and fingers and Zero them, and see if the poses then work properly.
    I see where your going. Is this one pose adding it's parameters to another pose's parameters, correct? I think I'm asking, is this something that has to do with IK? For example: If the Hand pose was designed in the Zeroed position and then applied to another pose (that involved the hand) that had the opposite or same setting they might be getting cross talk (both added together or merged)?
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,571
    edited December 1969

More likely, if it is affecting only posed characters, is that there's a pose control on the hands (one that uses a slider elsewhere to control them) and that's not, of course, being zeroed by the new pose so it remains in effect.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,899
    edited December 1969

Try reinstalling the pose file.

edited December 1969

Sorry everyone. I was a way from this for a bit. Real world taking priority.

But thanks. Zeroing the pose appears to have corrected the problem

Thanks again for all your input.

Dale