Install Manager Questions - Incremental updates? Long load times?

bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,034

Two quick questions regarding Install Manager.

From the start, I've *really, really* liked this product. One of the best innovations to come out of DAZ over the last year, so kudos on that. My questions are probably in the realm of enhancements...

1) I'm up to 2224 products now. I'm sure DAZ accounts are happy to hear that. But my load times are getting really really long now. 1.5 to 2 mintues. Sometimes it stalls and I have to kill the process and restart and then it comes up right away. Is there anything to speed this up with lots of products so I open it, grab my new product, and get to the creative stuff right away? It's not a big thing, but kind of annoying.

2) It would be great if it incorporated incremental updates. I have had to update a few huge HDR sets, and I'm not sure if every image changes, but it takes it hit when a large set like that needs to be updated. It would take a little tricky programming, but it would be great if it only downloaded and updated only the files that actually changed.

Again, I recognize there are probably more in the realm of enhancements - to refine a really great product that really streamlines the install process.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480
    edited December 1969

I think incremental updates would be hard, given that there are potentially multiple versions a user might be updating from.

As for load times, I have .... um ... a few more products than you and don't have that long a wait. Is it slow even if you choose the Work Offline mode, when it should check only the local files, or only when checking your account? If the latter it might be a connection issue or some kind of glitch with your account - assuming your connection otherwise seems good (though I think DIM uses a different server so there could be a particular bad link affecting just that) I would open a support ticket.