Michael 6 Problems

melaniemelanie Posts: 779

This seems to happen to me with every new item I install in DAZ Studio. I've installed Michael 6 and he doesn't show up in DAZ Studio. I used the Install Manager and no Michael 6. I tried installing all the folders manually. Still nothing. I did install the Genesis 2 Male starter essentials. Or is that not working? I don't know why DAZ Studio is so hard to install things into. I really miss the old way of installing DAZ products, with the old executable installer. Everything went just where it was supposed to go and worked perfectly the very first time. This new way of installing things has been a bug to me on everything I install.

I put it in the Documents folder...nothing. I put them in the DAZ Studio directory...still nothing. Do I have it installed in too many places? This is just so frustrating. If I didn't already have so many things installed in my DAZ Studio, I'd just uninstall the whole thing and start over from scratch, but that would take way too much of my time.

What am I doing wrong?

Help!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Can you post these 2 screenshots: .
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

• melaniemelanie Posts: 779
    edited December 1969

I hope this helps.

Screenshot_2.jpg
    583 x 544 - 150K
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    464 x 564 - 174K
    edited December 1969

On the screenshot from DIM, tick the "Show Details" box in the lower right corner. If you're using the default path in DIM, that path needs to be added as both "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" in DS4.

You should not install content into the Program Files/Program Files (x86) folders, especially not the first folder listed, as that is the default location DS will try to write to, and Windows 7 protects those folders.

edited December 1969

Oops! I thought I had the details clicked on. I think I accidentally closed the program and when I reopened it, I forgot to click it on. Here it is.

DIM_Screenshot.jpg
    579 x 556 - 217K
    edited December 1969

Yep, you need to add "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library" to DS under both "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats".

In DIM, for software installations you just want "Program Files" for 64-bit and "Program Files (x86)" for 32-bit.

edited December 1969

How do I add these. I'm still confused by DAZ Studio. I sit and work on a computer doing electronic medical records all day at work, but for some reason this stumps me. Go figure.

And thanks for your patience. Sorry I'm so lame.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2013

Just like this...
    But you will do NEW and then ADD once you browse to the path...

Paths.png
    444 x 365 - 51K
    Capture-002.png
    419 x 573 - 47K
    Capture-001.png
    267 x 392 - 20K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I'm still not having any luck. I wonder though, if my computer is showing the path differently. Rather than C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library, as my DIM seems to default to, my laptop computer shows it this way: “C:\Users\Public\My Documents\My DAZ 3D Library. Is the fact that my computer has a "My Documents" folder rather than just "Documents" as the path asks for making a difference? If I alter the path in the DIM, will it then put my files in there? And do I have to fix that in DAZ Studio? I would assume everything has to match up.

So much to figure out!

edited December 1969

I did it!!! I got Michael 6 to work, but all you DAZ Studio experts will probably scream, "NO!" at the way I did it. And it took me well over an hour to accomplish it.

It absolutely would not work with the files over in the Documents/My DAZ 3D Library folder. I had to put it directly into my DAZ 3D program folder. I had to move each and every file piece by piece. I also needed to go download the Age of Armour shaders, because it couldn't find those. He doesn't come into the Smart Content list on the left side of the screen. It comes in over on the right side under Content Library, but I don't care. It works! I am now happy!

Thank you all so much for putting up with my inept skill with this. The next time I install something, you may hear from me again. I appreciate all your help and patience.

I may get Victoria 6 in the near future, so you all may want to run and hide.

Blessings to you all.