[Released] Hair Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• Yes, that's probably what happened.

I just restarted Daz Studio to begin a fresh scene when I encountered the same issue with my converted EmmaAndJordi hairs again.

I realized the 'height' body shaping parameter is somehow causing the hair to sink into the head. (The character I applied the hair to has her height set to -27). No other G8-G3 hairs are doing this, only the EmmaAndJordi hairs I converted individually about an hour ago. If I change the height setting to +27, the hair floats above the head. Loading up a G3F base figure and sliding the height setting back and forth reveals the hair is not following that particular morph.

Not sure if there's anything you can do about it though as it seems to be something specific to converted EmmaAndJordi Hairs. But I will post this in case anyone else encounters the same problem with hair not following 'Height'.

All EmmaAndJordi hairs made for G3 have never had this problem with 'Height', only those converted between the generations.

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181

I am having a bit of a problem trying to convert this hair with the script:

https://www.daz3d.com/mrl-curly-ponytail-for-genesis-8-female-with-color-mixing

Following instructions I tried all combination.
    I tried both adding the single file and the directory, the end result is always the same

Executing Script

Selecting Preset: D:/Genesis/Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Hair/Mihrelle/Curly Ponytail/MRL C PonytailFULL.duf
    Converting hair from D:/Genesis/Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Hair/Mihrelle/Curly Ponytail/MRL C PonytailFULL.duf to D:/Genesis/Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/!Converted/Mihrelle/Curly Ponytail/MRL C PonytailFULL.duf
    Preset loaded multiple objects. Aborting conversion for D:/Genesis/Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Hair/Mihrelle/Curly Ponytail/MRL C PonytailFULL.duf
    Execution Complete.

Total time 6 seconds. No convertion happens.

Attaching the Log File for good measure.

It's my understanding that the hair is composed by 3 separate units.
    Even using Daz internal conversion method, it ask 3 times for 3 different part of the hair. It does convert it, but funny enough, if you reduce the character height, the hair stay where they are indecision

txt
    txt
    Log.txt
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,520

Alien Alloy said:

I am having a bit of a problem trying to convert this hair with the script:

https://www.daz3d.com/mrl-curly-ponytail-for-genesis-8-female-with-color-mixing

Following instructions I tried all combination.
    I tried both adding the single file and the directory, the end result is always the same

Executing Script

Selecting Preset: D:/Genesis/Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Hair/Mihrelle/Curly Ponytail/MRL C PonytailFULL.duf
    Converting hair from D:/Genesis/Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Hair/Mihrelle/Curly Ponytail/MRL C PonytailFULL.duf to D:/Genesis/Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/!Converted/Mihrelle/Curly Ponytail/MRL C PonytailFULL.duf
    Preset loaded multiple objects. Aborting conversion for D:/Genesis/Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Hair/Mihrelle/Curly Ponytail/MRL C PonytailFULL.duf
    Execution Complete.

Total time 6 seconds. No convertion happens.

Attaching the Log File for good measure.

It's my understanding that the hair is composed by 3 separate units.
    Even using Daz internal conversion method, it ask 3 times for 3 different part of the hair. It does convert it, but funny enough, if you reduce the character height, the hair stay where they are indecision

Yes, as the log states, "Preset loaded multiple objects."  Multipart objects cannot be converted by the script.  If you can save each part separately, it could convert each part.  I haven't personally done this but I believe others have.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited October 2022

Yoooooo Hoooo oh @RiverSoftArt ,so are you and SickleYield working on a G8 to G9 hair converter yet? and since I had to search 10 pages back I might as well ask if there is a clothing converter in the works too cause well you know we've already got all these hair and clothes just sitting here waitting for you to make conveters for them to be used on G9 ........have I said I love you guys lately ?

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • carrie58 said:

Yoooooo Hoooo oh @RiverSoftArt ,so are you and SickleYield working on a G8 to G9 hair converter yet? and since I had to search 10 pages back I might as well ask if there is a clothing converter in the works too cause well you know we've already got all these hair and clothes just sitting here waitting for you to make conveters for them to be used on G9 ........have I said I love you guys lately ?

LOL.  Yes, they are all planned.  However, we haven't started yet.

RiverSoftArt said:

You haven't started yet? oh my !! are you okay ? is it other stuff in the works ?? so expecting it tomorrow is too soon? okayy I'll just sit here and wait ......

• carrie58 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

You haven't started yet? oh my !! are you okay ? is it other stuff in the works ?? so expecting it tomorrow is too soon? okayy I'll just sit here and wait ......

Gosh (shifts uncomfortably and muttering to myself) someone's staring at me.  How can I work? laugh

edited October 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

carrie58 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Gosh (shifts uncomfortably and muttering to myself) someone's staring at me.  How can I work? laugh

hahahaah ummm maybe quickly more eyes are coming !! okay so I will wait and not stare ,I'm still working at getting things switched from iRay and this new PBR shader back to good old 3DL , but I'm still waiting ,just not hovering , well mostly not hovering and staring .....

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • KRISHANKOKRISHANKO Posts: 92

great stuff! i just wish there was a v4 to g3 variation so i dont have to port to g8, then to g3.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,520

KRISHANKO said:

great stuff! i just wish there was a v4 to g3 variation so i dont have to port to g8, then to g3.

Unfortunately, there is only so much time, and we were not seeing the return on investment to continue down that path. sad

• KRISHANKOKRISHANKO Posts: 92

i see. no worries, it just tiresome porting all over the place, but at least im glad we can port from g8 to g3. while my pc is good, its not 4000 dollars good. i cant load more than 3 g8 females before it refuses to render. so i went back to g3 and have been porting clothes and hairs for it.

i reserve g8 now for anime/vg models i find/buy only