[Released] dForce Hair for Big Cat 2

2»

Comments

• Oso3D said:

Personally I use a 3d paint program (usually Mudbox) to do maps.

Mind you... I'm not sure that's... a smart approach, because it takes countless tries to see how the length map ACTUALLY looks on the fur. And a lot of swearing. Hmm. Maybe I should do the strand editor approach, hahahaha

Note that if you have a very robust machine, changing the Render Line Tessellation to 3 will produce even nicer looking fur. (But it also triples the number of polygons being rendered, thus my initial bit).

I'd say, from using your Pooka to be the base for a while, start in SBH to rough out the basics length and THEN move to mudboxto refine them. SBH dislikes things such as blurring the transitions, so best to refine the maps. I myself use Clip Studio Paint to edit the SBH made maps.

• HGKianHGKian Posts: 5

Something is going wrong with this pack:

1. The Textures are not in the right directory: MilCat dHair is the right directory: you have to rename it,

(old directoryname is Oso dHair BigCat2)

2. The files are looking for 

DBC_mouth_tongue_S.jpg, DBC_pads_S.jpg, DBC_body_S.jpg in the texturedirectory of DAZBigCats2.

But there ist only

DBC_mouth_tongue_B.jpg, DBC_pads_B.jpgDBC_body_B.jpg

I have copied the originalfiles und renamed it to the S-Files.

But is this the right way? Or are there missing files ?

3. Compared to the beautiful images seeing above i get only animals with very pale noses in my iray-rendering.

I don´t know to solve this miracle.

I guess I'm late, but that should be happening only in the iray preview due to it being a strand based hair. You can actually see the "shape" of the hair in texture shaded preview, a bunch of yellow dots. While rendering it works just fine. You can change your settings to see the hair on Iray Preview though by setting parameters/line tessellation/render tessellation to 1 or more.

• Hi,

I just got the oso fox but it wont render - i saw that a couple of others had the same problem, i didnt see anyone that might have a answer for them. The thing is when i go to render i keep  getting the " Loading image whitesquare.jpg" when trying  to render it just freezes. 

any ideas what can help?

thank you

• mrjo_7mrjo_7 Posts: 14
    edited March 2021

Joe Webb said:

I got that error.

I was promoted to update the BigCat2, when I clicked it. I had to back out of applying the "fur" (and the search for the textures). So I did that. Restarted DAZ just to be sure, and everything loads fine now. 

Hi Sir.

Pls. send DBC_mouth_tongue_S.jpg, DBC_pads_S.jpg, DBC_body_S.jpg  for me

I Get some error.

Thank you.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • mrjo_7 said:

Joe Webb said:

I got that error.

I was promoted to update the BigCat2, when I clicked it. I had to back out of applying the "fur" (and the search for the textures). So I did that. Restarted DAZ just to be sure, and everything loads fine now. 

Hi Sir.

Pls. send DBC_mouth_tongue_S.jpg, DBC_pads_S.jpg, DBC_body_S.jpg  for me

I Get some error.

Thank you.

If this is an error with the Daz files then try reinstalling and if that fails open a support ticket - no one else may give you copies.

• KlaudMKlaudM Posts: 76
    edited March 25

Oso3D said:

In case people don’t realize, you don’t have to simulate. Fur will often look just fine as is.

What I have to do to simulate and achieve a more realistic look?
    I'm trying to create a custom hair map and If I try to simulate there's no difference :(

Post edited by KlaudM on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,916

'Custom hair map' could you explain more what you are attempting?

I'm going to be away from my computer this week but I can try to help.

I just increased the lenght of the hair editing the Generated Hair Scale map.
    Why if I simultate the hair don't go down? I tried with gravity at 15, it's the same.

Ty )

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,916

There's a setting for shape stiffness or something like that; might try reducing it.

It worked, ty )