BRYCE DOWNLOAD

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 680
edited December 2013 in Bryce Discussion

I cannot seem to successfully download DSC-001 (spaceship) and Space Port Bryce so that I can use them in Bryce.

Here are the messages I keep receiving:

MESSAGE: 'Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Space Port Bryce" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.'

(I am trying to see if applications and path in Download Manager can help. I can add a path, but I don't know what to add. And don't know if that will help)

The 2 items listed above are what I require right now.

But actually, here is a list of other product messages (products) I am having trouble with.:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Bryce 5.0 Content Pack" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7, 6, 5" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Bryce 5.5 Content Kit: Volume 1" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7, 6, 5" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Bryce Masters Series: Cloud City" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7, 6, 5" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "DSC-001" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7, 6, 5" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 32-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6, CS5, CS4 (32-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Space Port Bryce" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again

But I need DSO-001 and Space Port Bryce immediately.

Post edited by dash2128 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

I personally would suggest that youinstall them manually, or run the DIM to a dummy folder and then move them yourself if you are having problems finding stuff. I would trust DIM to install anything into my Bryce content libraries, but you do need to direct it to the correct path before running DIM.

As I said in the other thread, read Horo's PDF, then run the zips to a dummy folder using DIM and drag and drop the files into the correct place in your preset libraries.

Another way is to run the zip to the dummy folder and then import the models using the import dialogue in your preset library.

BTW did you specify the path in DIM before you tried the installation.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • dash2128dash2128 Posts: 680
    edited December 2013

What is DIM? Are you referring to Download Manager?

(I am also trying to see if applications and path in Download Manager can help. I can add a path, but I don’t know what to add. And don’t know if that will help)

What steps would I take to try it the way you suggested?

DM.PNG
    541 x 486 - 51K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,924
    edited December 2013

Add the path to where you want your Bryce content will be installed to. DIM = DAZ Install Manager

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

What path would you suggest?

edited December 1969

Where ever you have Bryce installed to

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

You need to have the Bryce application path in Settings > Applications in DIM, Bryce-format content has to be installed to specific subfolders of the Bryce application folder, unlike Poser-format content.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

I ran into this same problem some time ago and contacted DAZ. They told me the Install Manager does not handle Bryce products, just what's listed in the Install Manager.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,924
    edited December 1969

The newer version of DIM does support Bryce products. I think its been 2 releases back that they started supporting it

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    The newer version of DIM does support Bryce products. I think its been 2 releases back that they started supporting it

I just found that out. I just purchased three Bryce products and was told a DIM update was available, so I updated. Right now, one item has downloaded and two more are in the process.

edited December 2013

Space Port seems to be downloaded. But when i try to open it in Bryce, an empty file opens up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled product several times. I've learned a lot, but I still can't get my purchases to open up in Bryce.

fghfhfgggb.PNG
    420 x 266 - 21K
    fdhsfdshfdtbbb.PNG
    406 x 262 - 18K
    cccc6.PNG
    415 x 262 - 21K
    ssssssssss.PNG
    436 x 328 - 20K
    edited December 2013

DSO-001 giving me same problem.

fgdshgdhdft.PNG
    675 x 370 - 17K
    hvnjvcjncghjgcj.PNG
    404 x 236 - 12K
    edited December 1969

OK. Open Bryce. On the top line of icons click the little arrow, next to the word ''Create''. that opens up your object preset Library.

On the bottom of that panel click on the + sign and type a name in that panel My models, or what ever you want to call it. Then click the tick.

You now have a nice new empty Preset library

Next click on ''Import'' on the bottom line of that new library and then browse to where ever that OBP files in on your computer an double click on it. This will put it in that library. Do the same with the other OBP and you should be good to go.

edited December 1969

YOU ARE A.......SAINT!!!!!!!

Thank you, Bryce Pro!

edited December 1969

Forum help comes in BIG in 4th quarter!

51sbzw0M3aL.jpg
    409 x 500 - 33K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 2013

@dash2128 - for Bryce, the Install Manager is not the best tool (at least not for me). Get the zip file and unpack it to a temporary folder. This file http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf tells you where stuff belongs.

Post edited by Horo on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks to Horo for giving the link to his PDF file. I am in quite a fix here, if the Install Manager isn't that great, then should I try it or not? I cannot make the 4 big files download to my drive, I've tried repeatedly and it keeps giving the error "could not be saved...source file could not be read" whatever that means!!! Wah... downloading my old free Bryce 7 PLE was so simple and easy...!

edited December 1969

Thanks to Horo for giving the link to his PDF file. I am in quite a fix here, if the Install Manager isn't that great, then should I try it or not? I cannot make the 4 big files download to my drive, I've tried repeatedly and it keeps giving the error "could not be saved...source file could not be read" whatever that means!!! Wah... downloading my old free Bryce 7 PLE was so simple and easy...!

Did you see the reply I made in your thread in the New Users Forum?

• edited December 1969

Yes, thank you...i just wanted to be sure folks were clear on exactly what my current problem is.

I'm off now to try again to download the .exe files. I keep wondering whether the problem in downloading might be the mail client. I shall go over to my Gmail and see if they work there...in hopes that Gmail itself isn't the culprit...