Is there a better way to select objects in your view port in Bryce.

tonyma40tonyma40 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I have a question, I have multiple objects in my scene in Bryce view port. Is there a way to select specific objects from a layer . I am new to Bryce. For example I may have a river and a mountain in scene, but I just want to select the river for editing, but the mountain is in the way so accidentally I keep selecting the mountain. If there are layers that can be created this would help .

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

tonyma40 said:
    I have a question, I have multiple objects in my scene in Bryce view port. Is there a way to select specific objects from a layer . I am new to Bryce. For example I may have a river and a mountain in scene, but I just want to select the river for editing, but the mountain is in the way so accidentally I keep selecting the mountain. If there are layers that can be created this would help .

tab key

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Hi tony,

Cntl-click on the object you want. A contextual menu will tell you what objects are under the area you've clicked. Select the right one.

You may wish to work on that object all by itself. Take your eyes to the bottom of the main view. The selection menu is there (another way to select objects in complicated scenes). To right right of all the small primitives you'll see forward/backward controls, with the central one being a green Solo button. Press that.

Press it again to unhide the other objects in your scene.

• useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I think one of the biggest overhauls bryce could use is a massive change in the UI.

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Yep. I think it's fair to say I led forum thread about that in the past incarnation of this forum.

Not gonna happen. DAZ haven't got it running on modern OSs yet. Having it run at all trumps how people could use it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

I made this screen shot to answer another question, but it does show you where to click to select different objects in the working screen

Each of the icons along the bottom will bring up a list and you can select the one you want form that.

It is quite possible that your river is made form a plane or water volume, that is the last two icons at the left. The next one along is the terrains.

bryce_objects.jpg
    600 x 251 - 61K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • wscottartwscottart Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Once you get the choosen object cahnge the family color, then you can choose it from the family color quickly.