Bryce Golden Light freebie is Out of Stock????????????????????

NavimNavim Posts: 79
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Just tried to dl the daily freebie of Golden Light for Bryce. There is no add to cart link but there is a wishlist link so I put it in my wishlist thinking I could move it to the cart from there. No Go! It says Out Of Stock! How can you be out of stock with an electronic file???

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It has already been reported.

If you go to the thumbnail page by doing a store search for 'golden', you can use the Add to Cart button there. It should be fixed later on today.

• ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

With all 3 freebies its says I'm only aloud to purchase one but none of them show up in the cart for some reason.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That one is easy to solve. Add another random item to your cart and then view the cart, you will see that it has automagically appeared, so now you can remove the other item and rush to the checkout.

BTW this happens when you are not fully logged into the store, so the poor software gets confused :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

If you added the freebies while not logged in, that often happens.

Add something else to your cart, anything, then the freebies will reappear, then delete the item you added. Always make sure to be logged in, I forget too sometimes.

edited December 1969

Beat you to it again Jimmy :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Yes, I think I slow down at this time of year :)

edited December 1969

Did you get blowed around or get wet feet in the latest seasonal weather / tidal glitch we just had? That slowed lots of peopel down. :roll:

edited December 1969

No, we were lucky, I think I am just on the big wind down for Christmas :)

Lost part of my shed roof to the wind though, about 6ft X 3ft of heavy mineral felt came off and landed in the garden. The old shed has had it anyway, and I need a new one. The winds were awful, but only lasted a few hours. We are well inland, so no flooding problems.

Were you OK, no damage?

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 2013

There's a daily freebie?
    I thought Daz had cancelled all the freebies.
    Where can I find this?

Ah... did a search, it's not free.

It must be one of those not free freebies, the kind where you have to buy something to get the 'freebie'.

Post edited by franontheedge on
    edited December 1969

There's a daily freebie?
    I thought Daz had cancelled all the freebies.
    Where can I find this?

Ah... did a search, it's not free.

It's the Annual PA Christmas give away http://www.daz3d.com/december-freebies and they are free for everyone.

And Daz 3D has not cancelled freebies. The only thing they have done is said that you must be a genuine customer in order to download the weekly freebie, ie it is free as long as you make a purchase or are a PC member. There are some PA freebies that are free for everyone with no purchase neccesary already on site (such as the Golden Rules), and I gather that many of the PA gifts will be added to this list after the holiday period

No, we were lucky, I think I am just on the big wind down for Christmas :)

Lost part of my shed roof to the wind though, about 6ft X 3ft of heavy mineral felt came off and landed in the garden. The old shed has had it anyway, and I need a new one. The winds were awful, but only lasted a few hours. We are well inland, so no flooding problems.

Were you OK, no damage?

Yes we were fine, at almost 1200 ft it has to be a lot of water for us to get wet, and the winds here were not too bad this time, we are South Wales. The previous ''Bit of a Blow'' a week or so back did do a little damage, mainly because the Next door neighbour had some very large pallets stacked in his garden, which he is going to make into a decking area. The top one took flight and landed in our garden, demolishing a fence and some plant containers. As they are pallet previously used to carry some wind turbine parts on the back of a lorry you can imagine the size of it. It took 3 men to get it back over the wall (well himself guiding and 2 younger, stronger men doing the actual lifting)

edited December 1969

Sounds amusing, but I'm sure it wasn't :)

Neighbours, what would we do without them?

edited December 2013

Sounds amusing, but I'm sure it wasn't :)

Neighbours, what would we do without them?

Was quite funny in retrospect, but not at the time. The noise it made landing made me jump almost out of my skin and I had skittish cats running around in panic at the noise, seemed like I had several instead of just the two. lol And as it landed just about a couple of feet away from the back of the house the damage could have been a lot worse (back door. kitchen window or even kitchen roof etc).

Goodness gracious - great flying pallets.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2013

Thanks for the link, Pam. I took a look at that, and it certainly does look free there, but of course I daren't click on it myself. Just in case.

Correction - I gave into temptation and tried it - it really IS free, free even to me! Wow!

I wanted that Golden Lighting thing, been staring at it for weeks.
    Yippee!

I used to be a PC Member but it was just too expensive. I used to post freebies myself as well as regularly visiting the thread that linked to freebies everywhere, and when that disappeared and the Daz freebies stopped being really free that's why I stopped coming to the Daz forums. It's only the friendliness of the Bryce part of Daz3d that got me coming back here at all.

That pallet landing near you sounds pretty frightening! Glad we didn't have anything like that. I walk every day in various woods near to us, and the day after the storm (not the tidal surge one - the earlier one) many trees were down or leaning in other trees - like in our garden - we have at least 2 trees with tripple trunks leaning on other trees.
    But this afternoon I took the dog to a less often visited wood - part of the Essex Wildlife Trust, and a path that had been clear a couple of days ago now has another tree fallen right across it.
    We tend to forget that once weakened a tree can fall at any time. (or I do) (did)
    Scary!

Post edited by franontheedge on
    edited December 2013

Thanks for the link, Pam. I took a look at that, and it certainly does look free there, but of course I daren't click on it myself. Just in case.

Correction - I gave into temptation and tried it - it really IS free, free even to me! Wow!

I wanted that Golden Lighting thing, been staring at it for weeks.
    Yippee!

I used to be a PC Member but it was just too expensive. I used to post freebies myself as well as regularly visiting the thread that linked to freebies everywhere, and when that disappeared and the Daz freebies stopped being really free that's why I stopped coming to the Daz forums. It's only the friendliness of the Bryce part of Daz3d that got me coming back here at all.

That pallet landing near you sounds pretty frightening! Glad we didn't have anything like that. I walk every day in various woods near to us, and the day after the storm (not the tidal surge one - the earlier one) many trees were down or leaning in other trees - like in our garden - we have at least 2 trees with tripple trunks leaning on other trees.
    But this afternoon I took the dog to a less often visited wood - part of the Essex Wildlife Trust, and a path that had been clear a couple of days ago now has another tree fallen right across it.
    We tend to forget that once weakened a tree can fall at any time. (or I do) (did)
    Scary!

Yes, nature can be scary at times. I was biting my finger nails during this latest, with the tidal surge, as I have 2 good friends who live in the area which could have been affected, and also my younger brother. Had I still been living in Kent we would have been red flagged as well, as where we lived suffered badly in the 1953 one. Luckily they do seem to have come through OK. the increased flood defenses did stand up in that area I am glad to say. In 1953 the river defenses actually breached and caused major flooding and boats were in use on all the roads leading up from the marshes and my school was slightly flooded.

And Yes with trees, the root system can be damaged and the tree can fall sometime after the actual storm that caused the problems. Himself was a tree surgeon in The Royal Parks when the 87 storm hit and trees were still suddenly toppling, or losing branches for some years afterwards.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

and of course trees may fall down suddenly without the aid of a storm, simply from some disease unseen from outside.