Clothes and Props Not Loading

deyhaughndeyhaughn Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I am really new to this all... But I bought Aiko 3, and after a look of confusion just find the content in Daz, things seemed to be going well. Then, I stopped being able to add clothes or props to Aiko. I haven't made any changes to the model, I've tried restarting everything, but alas, things just won't load into the scene. Any ideas?

Comments

• deyhaughndeyhaughn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Also, what does the scroll icon on certain items in the content library mean?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461
    edited December 1969

Are you sure you are loading the models and not material files? If you make sure nothing is selected (click on an empty area of the viewport) and then try loading the clothes does DS tell you an item in the scene needs to be selected? If so it's a preset or pose, not the actual model.

edited December 1969

deyhaughn said:
    Also, what does the scroll icon on certain items in the content library mean?

Ah, definitely a material - that means there's a hidden DAZ Studio file that will be used instead of the Poser file shown in the content pane - which should give better results.

You are probably in the Pose library - go to the Figure library to find the models.

• deyhaughndeyhaughn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much. You really improved my afternoon. It is no fun to be new.

edited December 1969

Actually I was a little too emphatic there - although it's almost always the materials (and sometimes lights and cameras) that have the scroll you will come across the odd case when a figure or prop has it - for example Victoria and Michael 4 where it is used to launch an option dialogue and some props and figures where it loads the item and then applies the default materials. But in general only the Figure, Prop, Hair and Scene folders under the Poser Formats heading load models, all the others are settings of some kind.

• Jim EadonJim Eadon Posts: 17

I am unable to get Cookie clothing to load (apart from a bikini).

For example, does this wardrobe load in Daz? (Cherry For Cookie)

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\Tutti Frutti\Cherry

I cannot get it to work. Thanks

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,395
    edited July 2

The path you posted is in Poses library, so the files in that folder will be material presets for the outfit. You need to load the actual outfit first, then use the materials.

The actual outfit will be in the Figures library (physical files will be somewhere under C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\characters\)

Post edited by Leana on

Hi, the issue is, there are only Script file assets, no wearable assets, at least according to Smart Content.

https://www.daz3d.com/tutti-frutti-cherry-for-cookie-bundle

This is a legacy item (RuntimeDNA) but the shop says: "Compatible Software: Poser, Daz Studio 4.22"
    Any ideas? Thank you

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

There is no point in looking at such old products in 'Smart' Content

You will find the product and the materials in your Content Library, under "Poser Formats"

Yes, I searched in poser content, e.g. under Figures, and there is nothing but script files, as far as I can tell.
    Some other poser content for Cookie etc, does have "wearable" assets that are not scripts.

Jim Eadon said:

Yes, I searched in poser content, e.g. under Figures, and there is nothing but script files, as far as I can tell.
    Some other poser content for Cookie etc, does have "wearable" assets that are not scripts.

Show us a screenshot of what's there. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,749

The quickest way to determine what's included,  is to download the zip manually from the content library and extract it on your desktop and look through the file folders.  Then you will know if it has geometry and library files and textures. 

There should definitely be one or more cr2 files for the actual clothes somewhere in the Figures library 

I don't have that product, but I here is a sample of "Vintage Girl" (Poser product for Kids 4)

The clothing can be found in Runtime->Libraries->Character->Vintage girl and there are several CR2 files inside that folder.
    Inside DS, one can find them in Poser Formats->[Name of your Content Library]->Character->Vintage Girl

The textures are located elsewhere as per Poser 'standard'

Vintage1.PNG
    211 x 217 - 4K
    Vintage2.PNG
    360 x 356 - 16K

PerttiA said:

Jim Eadon said:

Show us a screenshot of what's there. 

So you looked in the Content Library>Poser Formats>My daz 3d Library (or whatever your content directory is called)>Figures?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Have you tried loading those "script" files.

It was common back then to have a specially coded DS MAT preset next to the Poser CR2.

When loading the CR2 the DS script kicks in and applies the DS MAT settings to the item rather than loading the Poser material settings.

edited July 9

Hi, Thanks all for your analysis.

The .cr2 files are there (under figures), but they do not work when I load them (I had already tried that).

The .cr2 files are indicated (by a little icon) to be "Scripts" not "Wearables" - note! (Wearables do work as expected). The scripts do nothing in Daz. Any ideas?

(I tried to copy in a small screenshot but the forum doesn't allow such images (too big).)

Post edited by Jim Eadon on
    edited July 9

The script icon suggests there might be a companion script meant to apply DS textures to the clothes automatically when you load the cr2.

Maybe try using only the cr2: look in the folder where the cr2 is, and rename the DS script file (it should be a .ds file according to the product page) which has the same name as the cr2, so that DS doesn't see them as associated anymore. Then load the cr2 from content library.

Post edited by Leana on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited July 9

Sounds like the scripts might be .DS files from DS2, the code still worked (to an extent) in DS3, but after all of the script base changes since DS2 it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't work in DS4.

We could do the same thing with .DSA files in DS3, but the code was completely different, they should still work in DS4.

Going to have to do some testing later on, as I have DS2, DS3 as well as DS4 installed, and I also have a copy of the code hacks that we used back then to test with.

Post edited by Bejaymac on