OT: Holiday Season

IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hey fellow Brycers,

I know I've not been participating much here on the forum. But I always check here and often learn something each visit from the great Bryce posters. I've had a great year and posted some of my stuff on the new DAZ gallery. Recently, I tripped over my power cord, ripping it out of the slot, which must have damaged something. Now my computer will not recharge the battery, it goes black at the slightest tremor as the power cord no longer "sticks", and something goes "blic" as the screen goes black, in the middle of designing, or rendering or posting on a forum. This has frustrated my online shopping, browsing in general, and made me very nervous about abruptly shutting off my windows machine. As soon as my hubby receives his Christmas present, a tablet, I get his laptop which is the same as this one. But, I think we will try to fix this one anyway. It has all my stuff!

Nevertheless, I've had a lot of fun with lots of additions to my content library and testing how they look in Bryce. I hope you all will find joy in your creative adventures this holiday season, and wish you all a very Happy New Year!

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

IceScribe: sorry to hear about your computer...hope your back soon...Wishing you a very Merry Christmas also...Trish

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 1969

@IceScribe - certainly nothing that cannot remedied with a hefty kick. :coolsmile: Wish you all the best for 2014 and successful bryceing. Thank you for your kind wishes.

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

Thank you for you kind wishes.

Since yesterday, I have taken over my hubby's computer, and it is nice and empty, so the DAZ and Bryce run very fast. I've downloaded and installed the DAZ 4.6 and Bryce7Pro with some content. My curiosity was about the bridge from DAZ to Bryce. I must say I am very pleased this was fixed in DAZ4.6. Before, Bryce did not recognize the Genesis1 and this would cause both programs to hang and require Task Manager to close them.. The DAZ figure could be exported as an object, then imported into Bryce, but the problem with that was all the mats piled up in my folder for each imported object which quickly became very messy.

So I put the Genesis1 to a test. I tried a "send to Bryce" with a Genesis1 figure with Evans hair-which has problems with transparency, and the Sickleyield business suit. Zoom! Relatively speaking, the Bryce opened and received the figure and mats. No problems with eyes. Hair ok. Suit textures were oversized but easily fixed.

Next I tried the DAZ Llama Full with the furry coat. Now, That took a significantly longer time, but it made it to Bryce. What I noticed is despite "Grouping", the fur pelt will not group with the body. So I tried Select all Meshes, and that let me drop the figure to the ground with the drop-arrow. Not quite but close enough. One cannot move it down with the xyz tool, the head falls off. But, it worked. However, I used up the memory of the bridge, and could not send to Bryce from the same open DAZ, even though a new workspace. It must be closed and reopened to clear the memory. This is not bad. I really wanted to run the LLama, which I got when it first came out. I doubt I can put a "herd" into a Bryce scene at one time, but might be able to layer very well. I once got to hug a Llama at a petting zoo. The fur is incredibly soft, and this one had amazing sapphire blue eyes. So this was a treat to be able to render.

So, I'm very gratified that my Bryce program will still be able to handle the bridge with the new figure. I recognize Bryce has by today's terms a small memory, but gosh I remember when my then "new" computer came with 2Gig, and my camera. So I'm used to working within some limits.

Llama1.png
    351 x 469 - 155K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 1969

@IceScribe - glad to hear that things worked out for you. The hair of that Llama looks amazing.