Victoria 3 4 5 6 7 in Carrara after installing Daz Studio 4.12 - works for me thus far

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,130
edited September 2019 in Carrara Discussion

?? Conflicts? Problems?  Any Carrara issues after installing Daz Studio 4.12?

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• that would be all we need

I couldn't load V4 but thought that was my new computer install using only DIM

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,130

My last Studio install had been 4.10.  I skipped 4.11.  I don't usually render in Iray for two reasons, (1) my hardware limitations result in very long render times.  (2) The photo-realism stuff doesn't mean as much to me in general.

I guess I'm going to install 4.12 so I can test the new hair, face thingy, etc.  Will check on V4.

I will upgade my hardware soon, either by choice or because my failing system finally dies completely. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,058
    edited September 2019

my issues would be unrelated

new computer virgin install of everything and lots of plugin conflicts

DS usually does not affect Carrara so unlikely

someone else had issues with V4 using DIM

I got her to load in the Carrara beta though

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited September 2019

Yes, I'm asking because people reported problems recently. 

I installed Daz Studio 4.12

I will do a quick loading test of various Victorias in Carrara

edited September 2019

Daz figures in the legacy Poser cr2 format loaded correctly, accepted morphs, and comformed clothes.  Here are V3 and V4, loaded with morphs, in the Assemble Room with some conforming Daz clothes and hair.  I've dialed up some "barbarian" morph on V3 and some "Utopan" morph on V4.

Victoria 3 and 4.JPG
    1149 x 751 - 123K
  • Diomede said:

Daz figures in the legacy Poser cr2 format loaded correctly, accepted morphs, and comformed clothes.  Here are V3 and V4, loaded with morphs, in the Assemble Room with some conforming Daz clothes and hair.  I've dialed up some "barbarian" morph on V3 and some "Utopan" morph on V4.

Mine is likely a content library set up issue

I advised the other person not to maybe use DIM and then I did it ....

edited September 2019

Another basic test.  This time of the Daz duf file format.  I loaded V5 and V6 with some Daz conforming hair and conforming clothing.  Here they are in the Assemble room.  Morphs, poses, etc. appear to be working.

v5 and v6.JPG
    1080 x 821 - 130K

Here is Misty's Jeanette for G3 female in the Assemble Room.  I dialed up the Victoria7 morph.  I converted some Daz3D store G3F clothing to blended.and conformed.  Applied a store pose.  All appears to be working as expected.  

v7 loaded 2 with Misty's jeanette.JPG
    1161 x 836 - 132K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

V3 heart no defirmers no eyebrow plate no bat files. She like pure canvas 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,379

Thanks, good to know that they are working, was putting off installing 4.12 for that very reason !