Best place to install bvh files?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

What is the best directory to install bvh animation files too?

I have DS3a and Carrara8 on a Windows system. Typical Poser content directories.

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited December 1969

Well since BVH files can only be imported and do not show up via a tab, I normally just dump it under my poses folder under animation and put it in a BVH folder. BUT I discovered that everytime I want to import a Bvh file I must go to that directory path everytime. So I ended up creating a shortcut to that path on my desktop. So all I do now is import, click on da shortcut on the desktop I created and walla:)

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

BVH, OBJ, FBX, DAE, etc files can be placed wherever you like. In DS, however, you should in principle make a folder and identify it as Other Import Content (i.e. neither Poser nor DS Native). In DS 3 that is Edit->Preferences->Directories tab->"Other Supported Formats (Import)". Note that in DS3, as opposed to DS4, PZ3 (Poser scene files) are also considered Other Supported Format. If you do it this way, they will be accessible within the Content, saving you from browsing to those files every time.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the information. That's what I needed to know.