Daz CMS - Content Management Service not running .

PROBLEM   Carrara link to CMS is broken   I have searched forum on this problem but no satisfacory answer found.

I recently installed Daz Studio 4.12.

Just noticed in Carrara the 'smart content' tab returns - "Carrara ubable to connect to CMS." I think it was ok before installing DS4.12

A forum/web search gave me info that said to check status in  Windows Task Manager " under  'services' which I did but NO mention of CMS. [  even with Daz Studio running which  I didnt think had to be in order for  CMS to work with Carrara ]  

Smart content seems to be working in Daz 4.12  so somehow Carrara link is broken.

Mostly I have never bothered with Smart Content in Carrara and have C8.5 point to folders where I have manually installed content - generally all good. 

But with introduction of DIM I began to install stuff with this but to a different library from my manual one hoping . My Daz 4.12 points to the DIM installed library.

So how does Carrara communicate with the DIM installed library [ via the CMS  right ?] and how do I get it working ?

Okay thats about the full story - I think maybe I have to reinstall Carrara but seeking advice/opinions before doing this.

As usual much appreciation in advance for any help

cheers

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

I had to use an earlier version of DS to get it to work, then upgrade DS after that... I found the recent DS releases don't work with Carrara.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

You know, I have noticed that I no longer have any instances of postgre database running when I'm in Carrara. Hnmpf.

I actually doubt very much that uninstalling/reinstalling Carrara will solve this. I have a feeling that it'll require a Daz Support Ticket.

I never use CMS in Carrara, so I am ignorantly unaffected by this.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i didnt bother to install it on my new pc, just uses up the precious yams

i have nothing in it's default folders, it prolly have kinipshuns, or kittens  lol

does it help with anything else, besides being smart about who wears what ?

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Thank you for your answers and confiming I am not insane  though working within the Daz environment is gradually shunting me there. !!!

Anyway I'm not really wanting to use "not so smart content"  but wondered why the link is broken and that seems because of the latest Daz Studio 4.12 install.

I just point my Carrara "content" tab to the folder where DIM gets installed [ and hope for the best !! ]

I stll regard my manually installed library as the main one. 

• I am really not sure what question you are asking.

If it is "Does Smart Content work in Carrara?", then the answer is yes.  I use it for every project.  A while back it stopped working for a few people, and there was much speculation as the the reason why.  The fact is, some folks use the latest windows and the latest Daz Studio versions, and smart content still works fine.  I think that about 6 months ago someone actually came up with the correct answer, but I have unfortunately forgotten who it was, and the answer itself.

Maybe someone here can remember?  It was not posted in a thread with a question about smart content.  Someone just brought it up and boom, another member posted the reason that smart content disappears.

If none of this is relevant to the original question, then please ignore. :)

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

I had broken content trouble when I upgraded to 4.10, so since I'd downloaded 4.8 installation and kept it, I reloaded that. Then I reloaded and ran the 4.10 public beta and run it side by side. So I needed 4.8 to fix the content, but as GoZ for Carrara was not integrated and no legacy available in my library any longer to download, I needed 4.10 to make the next verson of it  run. I am not upgrading any further. There may be workarounds, but I paid a lot for Zbrush and don't want to lose the import/export of Genesis figures which I can refine the faces for my characters. So will stick with my setup for now.

surprise  Silene

• It doesn't work at all for me on my new Windows 10 PC in DAZ studio so I never bothered looking at the Carrara tab

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,057
    edited January 2020

well not DAZ studio..

I just discovered Smart Content is actually working in my C8.5 beta build

WTF????

yeah finally bothered looking blush

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Yay!  smileyyes