Several Installers Not Working Right

Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

A few of the newer installers for some products aren't working. I keep getting told that Genesis isn't installed when i run them.

Aven for Genesis Bundle (1.3)
Troll for Genesis (1.4)
Mr Hyde for Genesis (1.3)
Michael 5 Elite Hair (1.1)
Baby for Genesis (1.1)

In the Aven Bundle the Character installer isn't working. The hair & clothes ones in that bundle do work.

I might have more to add to this list in a few hours as I'm still resetting and installing updated content.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Are you installing to DS4.0 or DS4.5?

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

I'm using DS 4.0.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Hmm, Troll is the only one of those I have:
    12930_TrollforGenesis_1.4_trx.exe
    Dated Oct 29 2011
    125,782 KB

The dependency should be
    data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Genesis.dsf

My Genesis.dsf is dated December 2011, but Troll installed fine for me just now.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited July 2012

It looks like something else isn't working right with Studio now. I just tried to run it an was getting numerous missing files for things that were not uninstalled by me and .the genesisis.dsf file that you mentioned Mike isn't in that location on my computer.
    From what I can see by the log file it is looking for files in the wrong location.

I do have genesis dsf files in some other locations.

I had to CTRL+ALT_DEL to bring up the Task manager so I could close studio.

The last time I ran Studio was a few days ago and it was working with out any problems. Genesis would load up automatically when started. Genesis isn't showing up now,

I did have about 6 gigs of new updated stuff for Genesis that I was uninstalling and installing the new versions of. Weirdly I did have to restart my computer after I had uninstalled one of the older content items.

I'm going to reboot the computer an reinstall DS4 again and see if that fixes it. I just re-downloaded Studio 4.0.3.47 32 bit.

UPDATE:

Re-installing Studio fixed everything. Seems like one or more of the older uninstallers removed some of Daz Studio 4 & part of the base Genesis figure.

The new Troll installed with out any problems too after I reinstalled Studio 4.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Hello, I have similar problems with Victoria's Elite Shapes, Gabi V5 and Tori V5. Although I have Genesis Evolution, it keeps saying Gabi and Tori cannot be installed due to the lack of Genesis Evolution, whereas Elite Shapes display that ugly "Module not found, installer will quit" error. Any ideas?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Gabi and Tori depend on Victoria 5.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Gabi and Tori depend on Victoria 5.

But V5 got installed properly. So did Genesis Evolution. V5 and the characters of whom we speak come together in V5 Pro Bundle.