Help with getting back to into DAZ!

Georgie-0Georgie-0 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm a long time daz3 user and have just started looking at DAZ4. Can someone explain how and what you need to buy if you want to get the new figures? I've used and have lot's of stuff for V4 and M4, but never used Genesis. Is Genesis a stand alone new figure that you then buy V5 or M5 morphs for? What do I do to try out Genesis, what do I need to get? Does old v4 stuff work on genesis?

thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Yes, Genesis is the base 5th generation figure. It comes with basic female, male, and child morphs, although V5 and M5 provide a lot more features.

DS4Pro includes Autofit, which allows you to put V4 or M4 clothing on Genesis -- some items convert better than others. If you buy the Gen3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis (or just some of them, or the David 3 Shape for Genesis) they also add Autofit support for those figures' clothes. Gen3 shoes in particular generally autofit to Genesis better than Gen4 ones because of the zeroed foot positions.

V4, M4, and K4 textures all work on Genesis.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited July 2012

Right, so you can use Genesis as-is without buying any additional products, and even try using your 4th Generation textures and clothes on it (hair and poses work too, but often require some tweaking). But if you want to seriously delve into Genesis, you'll want the Evolutions morphs (for a better value, buy the Genesis Starter Bundle, which includes these morphs and other things), plus V5 and M5, and maybe the V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis. If you also get Generation X, you'll be able to use 4th Generation morphs on Genesis (without Gen X, you can't do that).

Note that the latest issue of 3D Artist Magazine includes copies of V5 and M5, so you might want to check that out. :)

Edited to add: this tutorial may also be useful: http://greywulf.net/2012/01/fun-with-genesis-base/

Post edited by Scott Livingston on