Signature query

HarvestMoonArtHarvestMoonArt Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This might be a silly question but how do you all stop your work from being copied. I'm using Bryce 7 & can't find a way to sign my work, other than by adding a 2D image of my signature, which I have done but I'm not happy with the results. Is there a way to embed a signature onto the pictures or does it have to be done using another program like photoshop etc?
Thanks in advance.
Anne :roll:

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,571
    edited December 1969

You can't do it in Bryce, you could in an image editor but tat won't stop it from being copied and will be of very limited use unless you have the resources to start legal proceedings against any infringers, I fear. Getting a personal signature, rather than a generic one that shows that someone owns the image, requires a fee as far as I know.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It is always possible to make the signature as a 2d image, make an alpha map for it and then apply it on a single sided plane as a texture within the image.

Still not an actual imbedded signature, but it would be a part of the original Bryce file that way.

• HarvestMoonArtHarvestMoonArt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks to both of you, I have done it as a 2D image but not happy with the way it looks. Does anybody else bother with putting a signature on or not?
    Anne

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Used Photoshop and bryce terrain editor for this, can just add it to your render.

Cheers
    GG

me-as-well.jpg
    500 x 346 - 53K
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited July 2012

Steganography.

You can hide your copyright info in the header of the image file, and nobody will see it.

There's freeware for it, but I don't have any links :red:

Hope it helps...

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Just keep in mind that there's no way to prevent a "criminal" user to remove/destroy the signature.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

you could add a bar to the bottom of the image to display a copyright notice and a brief licensing note.

or displaying an image in a shadowbox (flash) doesn't give an option to saveas the image.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

You can always do what a lot of vendors do and place your logo on the texture maps in a specific stop that only you know. Then scale to down to where it's only visible at @ 500-800% zoom.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

If you're working in 3-space, or vector space in 2-D you can use a tried and true method from the GIS industry. Add small "anomalies" to your vectors/verts that make a known pattern that you can scan for. In a collection of hundreds of thousands of points and lines, a few small "tails" never get noticed and are close to impossible to eliminate completely.

In 3-space this is even easier as the direction that the "tails" can protrude are infinite and much harder to find.

Kendall

• HarvestMoonArtHarvestMoonArt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone, some of the more technical answers I'm gonna have to try when I have more knowledge lol I'm still a newbie. I guess if someone really wants to steal your work, they will find a way.
    Anne :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately that is only too true. I even saw some of my own stuff being given away on a torrent, and I only make freebies, so tell me what the point of that was ?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Sorry, Cho, but I had to laugh at that. It would qualify for the stoopid thread.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,075
    edited December 1969

I would be even more upset if someone was SELLING it as happened to one user on the old forum who then had his account closed at sharecg because the cheeky blighter reported him for piracy! fortunately he had his original Carrara WIP files to prove it was his work!
    treachery know no bounds!

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I would be even more upset if someone was SELLING it as happened to one user on the old forum who then had his account closed at sharecg because the cheeky blighter reported him for piracy! fortunately he had his original Carrara WIP files to prove it was his work!
    treachery know no bounds!

FISH POOPS!

(Bass Turds!)