Problem in saving hexagon files

MysticWingsMysticWings Posts: 226
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hello.

I'm starting to work with hexagon and I found a problem in saving the files.
I always save my files in an external disk since I don't want my macbook to get really full disk. But hexagon don't let me. If I save the files in documents/hexagon, everything is fine. If I try to save in my external disk it says that an error has occurred and that the path does not exist. If I save in documents/hexagon and them move it to my disk, the file open but there's nothing on it.

I thought that maybe I have to configure a path to my external disk so hexagon recognize it, but can't find a way to do it.
Does someone knows what's happening here?? Really don't want to be saving all my hexagon works in the mac disk.

Comments

• IKtorIKtor Posts: 44
    edited February 2014

Ola Tania bem vinda,finalmente alguém de Portugal.Estou a escrever em Português que percebo bem o Inglês,mas escrever é outra coisa.
    Desconheço completamente o sistema MAC.No meu sistema Windows usar um disco extreno,o programa reconhece o ficheiro e trabalha o mesmo que esteja no PC.
    Já consideras-te pelo mesmo,usar usar o sistema Português do desenrasca lol que é muito simples.
    É assim,poes todo ou trabalho que quiseres no disco externo e quando queres continuar algo copias só ficheiro que pretendes para uma pasta que podes criar para isso no PC.
    No entanto recomendo que como tens dificuldade e não percas teus trabalhos faças experiência primeiro.
    Recomendo que salves todos os teus trabalhos no teu PC e apenas transfiras as copias para o disco externo

Post edited by IKtor on
  • MysticWingsMysticWings Posts: 226
    edited February 2014

Olá.

I'm going to answer in english just for other people know that I still don't have a solution.

If I can't solve the issue, then saving in mac hard drive, then copy to the external drive, than always have to copy back to the hard drive every time I want to open the file will be the only solution. But this is exactly what I want to avoid. What I really want is to solve this so that I can save the files where I want.

It should be possible because together with the error message it appears a window with the path to my external drive and the option to validate it, but as the program stops answering I just can't do it. It has to be another way to validate it. I just can't find it...

P.S (in portuguese cause there's no translation for a word I'm using) - detesto o desenrasca, sou extremamente perfeccionista.

Post edited by MysticWings on
  • IKtorIKtor Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

O Hexagon não tem opções de Portabilidade que é exactamente o que pretendes.
    Ou seja,tens mesmo de usar a imaginaçâo,uma delas é optar por considerar outro programa que tenha.Mas isso só tu podes o fazer,dependendo do uso que pretendes do programa.

• edited December 1969

Which version of the MacOS are you using? I've just tried at work on an old Mac running Tiger and it saved to an external disk and reopened with no problems. I can try later at home with my own Mac running Mountain Lion.

Usually if I have any problems with Hexagon on my Mac I trash the preference file and that seems to sort most things out. But Hexagon is getting rather old now and I know that Apple did something that effected external disk drives and the preferred format when they introduced Lion. Some of my older programs refused to work with my existing external drive when I upgraded to Mountain Lion.

edited December 1969

I'm using Mountain Lion to. :S
    I tried to trash the preference file but it didn't worked. And it's probably something to do with what you told cause for Hexagon the directory does not exist... I was hoping that there was a way to "tell him" that it does exist, it's right there!! :P It seems I will have to open a exception and save my Hexagon files on mac hd drive...

This kind of sucks... Really love work with Daz but ... Bryce can't be installed on Mountain Lion, Hexagon giving problems with Mountain Lion... :( It's sad cause I really like the programs... and I really like my operative system to :P

Thank you for the help and if you try later at home with Mountain Lion please let me know. :)

• edited December 1969

I've just saved a file from Hexagon to my external drive under Mountain Lion on my home Mac. It worked with no problems. The drive is older than my Mac and Apple's Time Machine software refuses to work with it but Hexagon seems quite happy.

edited December 1969

My external hard drive has some years to... much older than my mac....

Damn... what the hell is happening with my Hexagon??? Why does it not recognize my external hard drive?
    This is really strange.... Now I would like to be an expert in both software and hardware!!

Thanks for experimenting it. :)