Error during rendering message

I seem to be unable to render a scene that I just completed. I keep getting a message that reads error during rendering. The lock file doesn't seem to be of much assistance in this case. I have rebooted the computer and restarted Daz several times, but I keep getting the same message. any ideas about why this is happening?

Comments

• alisa53alisa53 Posts: 157
    Sorry... Log file is not helpful.
  • So it won't render at all now, or it won't render a second time in a session? If the former, when did it last successfully render?

•  

As I just found out, one other reason could be the graphics driver: Downgrading to -1 version solved the problem for me.

• stitlownstitlown Posts: 282

I'm posting here because it's the most recent of the 4 threads for this issue.

I have this same issue off and on, normally at the first render after startup. In the past I've done the restart process - which is a pain as my scenes usually take a long time to load ( a different DAZ issue!)

Today I had this error occur after several successful renders. I've never looked at the log before. An extract from the start of the last successful render to the start of the re-start is attached. As far as I can see it provides nothing useful. There are many lines of messages and warnigns etc in the last successful render but only these 2 lines for the failing render. Don't be tricked by the render time. I walked away after queueing the render knowing it would take 5 minutes. I only saw the error when I returned, and that would be at 16:43:42.

2022-03-18 16:34:26.755 [INFO] :: Rendering Image
    2022-03-18 16:43:32.426 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 9 minutes 6.47 seconds

There is no log entry for a retry at about 16:44:xx. That scored the ever-helpful messge <unable ... renderer in use>.  You can see the shut down started at 16:45:xx

What I really want to find is the task manager process for the render engine so I can kill that to see if it solves the problem. (bit like the brickyard shader problem where if you delete the brickyard, the shaders recompile and white-out skin renders work again). If we can find a work-around that does not force me to kill and restart / re load, I'd be much happier.

FWIW, the restart, reload,rerender worked and at 17:30:xx I got my rendered image. 

txt
    txt
    Error Rendering log.txt
  • SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 972

I was getting this issue sometimes, and found this that might help you: http://www.jurn.org/dazposer/?p=14585

It's a blog that has various articles about Daz.