Cannot run scripts from Riversoft - problem solved!!!

Lx75Lx75 Posts: 25

Hi, 

I cannot run scripts from Riversoft like "look at me  II pose control" or his billboard scripts and so on.

I get error messages in the log:

2019-12-28 06:31:04.774 Loading script: K:/Daz Connect new/data/cloud/1_62757/scripts/riversoft art/look at me ii/look at camera ii.dse

2019-12-28 06:31:04.774 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2019-12-28 06:31:04.774 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: Î

2019-12-28 06:31:04.774 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@K:/Daz Connect new/data/cloud/1_56309/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa:1

2019-12-28 06:31:04.774 Error in script execution: K:/Daz Connect new/data/cloud/1_62757/scripts/riversoft art/look at me ii/look at camera ii.dse

I uninstalled and reinstalled with DIM but I get the same message: an error occurred while reading the file...

I´m using 4.12 beta and his scripts did work in the past. Any help?

Post edited by Lx75 on

Comments

• Unfortunately, as far as I am aware these scripts are not written in a way that works when installed through Connect. try uninstalling, then install through DIM.

• Lx75Lx75 Posts: 25

Hello Mr. Haseltine, 

I did that, but it´s still the same. To be honest, most of his products did work for me...but then I installed an older 4.11 version. This was for trying out Mr. Oso3D´s master shaders.

They (the shaders) did not work anymore in 4.12. DAZ went to desktop instantly with master shaders. Later I de-installed 4.11 and none of Mr. Riversoft´s products worked any longer in 4.12.

I usually install every product with DIM. They show up in 4.12, but some of them aren´t really there. All I can do is to deinstall via connect and reinstall via connect - so they´re accessible.

But even that does not work with his scripts.

Next thing is: I ran out of storage on my main harddrive c: where DAZ is installed. I had to install all recent content (Riversoft scripts) on an external hd called "K:".

I´m considering a complete new Windows 10 installation with DAZ on a much bigger main harddrive. Maybe this will solve the problem.

• Lx75Lx75 Posts: 25

Hi there, 

I got a solution for me!

Everything is going well now!

- use DIM to 1.uninstall PostgreSQL CMS for your current DAZ studio version and 2. reinstall it

- I recommend using only one PostgreSQL CMS that matches your DAZ studio version of choice

- uninstall the the script ( for example Look At Me II Pose Control ) with DIM, update metadata and the icon should vanish in studio

- reinstall the script/product with DIM (and CONNECT) and it should work ( exception here for me !!!! : the Clothing Converter G8F to G3F did not work for me with CONNECT....I just used DIM for it. Installing it with CONNECT makes it not readable/accessible for me and the icons show exclamation marks!)

- in certain circumstances: only use DIM (no CONNECT)

screenshot_Genesis 8 F with Genesis 3 Galene Hair and mistress Lilith outfit for Genesis 2 F and Summer Sandals for Genesis 3 F.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 838K
  • I was having same problem and tried the suggestion and found that when I uninstalled all the riversoft scripts and then installed one that i wanted to use it worked but had to uninstall the others.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

tiberious214325 said:

I was having same problem and tried the suggestion and found that when I uninstalled all the riversoft scripts and then installed one that i wanted to use it worked but had to uninstall the others.

Which? Was it an older or a newer one? I beleive a lot of the scripts have common components, installed to the same folder each time so that there is only ever one copy. It is possible, especially if you have missed an update, that some kind of version conflict is at work.