Use of Hexagon designed models

Hello :D ,
I'm a little confused with the whole licencing thing going on with the DAZ3D models, so I would like to ask something. If I design something with hexagon and export it in order to use it in a commercial project, I dont have to pay for the Indie developer licence right? I know its a stupid question, but just to make sure.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If it's all your own work, then you are fine. The Games licenses cover content sold in the store

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

That's correct, as long as the mesh is entirely your own, you can do what you like with it. You can't modify an existing mesh.

• edited December 1969

Ok :D. Thanks for the quick reply.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Hello :D ,
    I'm a little confused with the whole licencing thing going on with the DAZ3D models, so I would like to ask something. If I design something with hexagon and export it in order to use it in a commercial project, I dont have to pay for the Indie developer licence right? I know its a stupid question, but just to make sure.

If you build it, from scratch, it is yours. You decide the level of 'protection' you want to give it...whether it is public domain or whatever.

The game license is for DAZ original content, that will be used in NEW games.