Question: How to: Create custom presets/poses for objects in Carrara pro 8.1

Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 82
edited January 2020 in Carrara Discussion

Is there a method to create custom complete presets/poses for objects in Carrara pro 8.1? For example in poser pro (poser 7-11) and Dazstudios I can save custom poses and texture sets for figures and objects. For custom modeled objects in Carrara pro 8.1 is there a way to do the same to make a lib of custom presets? I have provided images to help relay my question better.

My goal is to be able to create 40+ presets for tongue and grove wood slats that I can quickly swap out different designs.

Thank you,

Joanght

Untitled.png
1920 x 1080 - 699K
Untitled1.png
1920 x 1080 - 224K
Post edited by Scorpio87 on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

you save poses on the nla tab. save a master pose.  drag it to the browser tray.

you can save texture presets on the shader tab.  drag the ball to the browser tray.  you have an option to save the jpg tiles internally to the preset.

means you don't have to create a separate textures folder.

• Mystarra said:

you save poses on the nla tab. save a master pose.  drag it to the browser tray.

you can save texture presets on the shader tab.  drag the ball to the browser tray.  you have an option to save the jpg tiles internally to the preset.

means you don't have to create a separate textures folder.

So easy! , Thank you so much for the quick information, it was right under my nose this whole time.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

yep.. just drag and drop your items to the My Objects folder in the Browser tray..

by default if I remember the folder is in the Public Documents folder on the OS drive

I hacked the Carrara preferences.txt file to point to my secondary Hard Drive.. and set up subfolders for each category I may model.. saves a hell of a lot of OS drive space by doing this and easy as to do... 

Backup your preference.txt file first though if you attempt this just incase wink

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

...and for further research, here's an article I've written on the subject years ago:

Your Carrara Browser
    Making great stuff isn't as cool if you can't remember where you put it. Let's get some good habits going right from the start