Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Beautiful render Steve, and I don't say it just because I have too. This one is much better than your previous one as the hair have some specular tone, and they look great.

Thanks Alex yes I totally agree it looks a lot better now with the specular.

edited December 1969

I have started on eyebrows just to show how you can use LAMH on the whole of the face hair. Though I am still working on the eyebrows so dont pay too much attention tothem just yet but I thought even though the brows still need some work this render was good to post here.

Steve.

HighQualityTEST5.jpg
    800 x 800 - 277K
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

Thank you for sharing this Steve!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,182
    edited December 1969

WOW, great renders. I really like how the program can make fades and finer areas like eyebrows. I'm more excited than ever now! :-)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,979
    edited December 1969

I'm gonna quote the Wolf "Wow!!"

edited December 1969

Still experimenting the eyebrows are lookig better and are using the underlying texture, I will create an eyebrow less texture from merchant resources I have and try and post something up later.

HighQualityTEST6d.jpg
    864 x 761 - 428K
  • clayphdclayphd Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

When is this going to be released? I feel like I have been waiting forever for it! _-_

edited December 1969

clayphd said:
    When is this going to be released? I feel like I have been waiting forever for it! _-_

Hi, I think that if there are no major issues, the beginning of November sounds a reasonable time.

edited September 2012

Just to mention that I was finally able to have LAMH producing an animation, i.e. perform data sync between each frame.
    I'm not sure if I will integrate this feature in the initial release, but this is just to tell that rendering an animation is possible, and one day, when there will be gravity, dynamics and collision we'll have a decent product.

Here attached a tiny movie showing 10 frames just rendered out with the Lycan figure: see how fur has been accounted properly at each frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B-o9clS1UQ

.mov file (376K): http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/downloads/lycan.mov

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

Very cool Alex! This is going to be so amazing with or without animation on release. :-)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

And I know Wolffie has a little friend who has been waiting on it too. :)

edited December 1969

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WOOF

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Well, I know SOMEBODY who is waiting for a nice fur coat. *smile*

Still working on the feet and texture, though.

The texture there is from the BugBear set by Valandar hijacked momentarily until he gets his own. :D

How about this Gorilla I did a few weeks ago? Blonde wig LOL

BWAHAHAHA!

Glam rocker Gorilla! 80's hair bands, here we come! Welcome to the Jungle! *laugh*

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

animation is possible, and one day, when there will be gravity, dynamics and collision we'll have a decent product.

dynamics, vote!
    the reason about studio 5's main platform and still 4.5 developing are animation setups.
    I can not think about a LAHM version without collisions and gravity to the hair.
    why else animate?
    fast please, before this plugin will die with another studio upgrade.

edited December 1969

animation is possible, and one day, when there will be gravity, dynamics and collision we'll have a decent product.

fast please, before this plugin will die with another studio upgrade.

why should it do such a miserable end?

edited December 1969

Truly... Alex is very dedicated. I would never worry that his stuff would be obsolete just because DAZ can't lock down their code or at least the plugin code. I'm not a bit worried about that. Bruno is shivering though, he really needs a fur coat! :P

edited December 1969

Just postng my latest test.

Steve

LamhBtest.jpg
    800 x 800 - 235K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,979
    edited December 1969

Wow SalUK ,that looks really good ,I almost asked when you met my ex.

edited December 1969

That's a really nice fro. Question to Alex... is there polish type tool to run over the top of something like that to make the fro "neat"? Most of the bruthas I know wear them pretty neat and tight. (I'm a white boy by the way! :P )

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Just postng my latest test.

Steve

Awesome render Steve!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    That's a really nice fro. Question to Alex... is there polish type tool to run over the top of something like that to make the fro "neat"? Most of the bruthas I know wear them pretty neat and tight. (I'm a white boy by the way! :P )

Richard, sorry I don't understand what you mean by that. :(

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Richard, sorry I don't understand what you mean by that. :(

I think I know what he means where I have the afro rough looking can you have one really smooth, In the render it looks rough as I used some random lengths and other settings to make it look rough but if those settings were not used then yes I would say you would have a smooth tighter look.

Ill make that my next render just to see if we're on the same page...lol

Thanks for the comments also having a lot of fun with the plugin!

Steve.

edited December 1969

Yup, I think we are on the same page Sal! :-) Make it tight and neat.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Yup, I think we are on the same page Sal! :-) Make it tight and neat.

Hmm think this maybe a little too short and tight?

ShortAfro1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 148K
    edited December 1969

Nope.

Looks fresh cut. Though the number of hairs looks a little dense and hair is somewhat thinnner at the edges of the scalp and temples for everyone. *smile*

If you were to go much longer, I would add a bit of variation. Even fresh cut hair is never going to be perfect when it is curly.

This looks great! *smile*

edited December 1969

The render quality is nice, the hair in my opinion look a bit like a "helmet", but that's probably because the density map is very uniform. Probably a little bit of variation around the hair countour would produce a more "random" look.

edited December 1969

Looks great but yea, if you can blend out the density map around the parameter it will look even better! Thanks for posting this example though. :-)

edited December 1969

The render quality is nice, the hair in my opinion look a bit like a "helmet", but that's probably because the density map is very uniform. Probably a little bit of variation around the hair countour would produce a more "random" look.

Yes I am doing that now with the density map my thoughts were along the same lines as you and Rkane and set to altering the density within lamh the render has just finished but I will do another pass.

TY for your feedback both... :)

Steve.

edited December 1969

You're welcome Steve, and thanks for all your testing.

edited December 1969

You're welcome Steve, and thanks for all your testing.

No doubt. My admiration for your rendering skills and friendliness is outweighing my jealousy at not being a tester. *chuckle*

This discussion has been closed.