Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Dollygirl said:
    So I take it that you all got you installation code. How did you receive the number? I have put in a trouble report to Sales but it might be next week before they get it resolved. Just want to make sure that I did not receive it.

I had the same problem. Read here that you need to go to your account on DAZ site and find your serials. Will be where they save your DS serial key. Hope this helps. This info should be added to the product page if it isn't I'll be honest I never read the product page and just purchased it.

I've ordered it but not seeing a serial number in my account when I check the serial numbers. I've tried forcing a refresh but still no serial. I've just put a support ticket in. Would love to be joining in the fun...: (

PM sent!
    Thanks Alex...all is now working! I'm currently downloading presets to play with and the pdf file.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

Very good! ;-)

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Liking the Lycan presets excellent stuff, this is the short hair version

Lycan.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 108K
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

I am working on an anime hair presets- one short hair one long hair... hope to share it soon :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,110
    edited December 1969

is there going to be a render thread?

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

is there going to be a render thread?

I'm working on one just for you Wendy !!!
    wb.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 338K
  • DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited December 1969

DarthD said:
    DAZ Studio has encountered a fatal error and must close.
    DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\system32\ig4icd64.dll" at 0033:0000000009387480, DllMain()+5811584 byte(s)

I get this every time I try to run LAMH. I'm using version 4.5 64bit.

DarthD, if I am not mistaken, you have an Intel graphic chipset. If so, be sure to check and eventually download and install latest drivers directly at Intel Web Site

Intel GPU's are always very sensitive to openGL applications...

You are a genius! That took care of it. Thank you:)

edited December 1969

a render by me

lamhtest00.gif
    1000 x 1000 - 4M
    edited December 2012

I have figured out how to rig the obj exported hair too, will post when rendered

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Just wanted to come back, and confirm both "offline" installs worked.

So, if anyone is on the fence due to offline machines, don't let that stop your purchase. You can install using an offline copy/paste procedure.

My 32 bit laptop doesn't have the juice to run the plugin (was expecting this), and crashes with fatal error. Probably because of onboard graphics with OGL 1.4, and no shader language support. I don't think It has the minimum requirements needed to work. Oh well...

64 bit Windows 7 opens fine. No time to test right now, but I will give it a thorough workout later.

Also, just wanted to say that it's nice to see Kendall on board with this project.

It's great to be on this project. Alex is a great guy and a great friend. We work well together and amazing things are in store for the LAMH faithful in the very near future.

Kendall

edited December 1969

So how long will the sale price be good? I'm waiting on a credit refund right now and it would completely cover this, but I don't want to lose the shot at this fantastic price. Are we good through Xmas? New Year? March of 2014?

(Bought the young teens last night, so I have plenty to play with in the meantime... but dang, this has been a rough month on the pocket.)

4 weeks

Long-time lurker in this thread :red: and particularly interested in LMAH because I'm doing period renders (Les Mis fanart) and hair doesn't look so good in close-ups; had to use a blur filter to fudge some sections here :blank:

Yes, it's been a rough month on the pocket and I'm glad it'll be at the sale price for 4 weeks because it's exactly what I need and the post sales support by Alessandro and Kendall is the best I've seen :-)

Consider me a fan and a sure customer after Christmas :cheese:

We try. :-) I hope that folks are happy with both our product, and our support. We are very excited about the direction of LAMH, as well as the upcoming work on one of Alessandro's masterpieces. Stay tuned.

Kendall

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

... We try. :-) I hope that folks are happy with both our product, and our support. We are very excited about the direction of LAMH, as well as the upcoming work on one of Alessandro's masterpieces. Stay tuned.

Kendall

Kendall, could you check your PMs please, still waiting for clues... any advice on the info mentioned?
    Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ... We try. :-) I hope that folks are happy with both our product, and our support. We are very excited about the direction of LAMH, as well as the upcoming work on one of Alessandro's masterpieces. Stay tuned.

Kendall

Ah, Kendall, could you check your PMs please... any advice on the topic mentioned?

Hi, MFM! I'm looking at your message already. :-)

Feel free to contact me at the email address listed in my profile. That may speed things up a bit, communications wise.

Kendall

edited December 1969

DarthD said:
    DarthD said:
    DAZ Studio has encountered a fatal error and must close.
    DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\system32\ig4icd64.dll" at 0033:0000000009387480, DllMain()+5811584 byte(s)

I get this every time I try to run LAMH. I'm using version 4.5 64bit.

DarthD, if I am not mistaken, you have an Intel graphic chipset. If so, be sure to check and eventually download and install latest drivers directly at Intel Web Site

Intel GPU's are always very sensitive to openGL applications...

You are a genius! That took care of it. Thank you:)

Thanks for you for your patience. Unfortunately there is so much different hardware out there, that sometimes it's difficult to figure out what could go wrong. I'm going to post it on LAMH blog, this might help other users with Intel GPU's.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm up and Running, Rendering happly along now. Thank you all.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm up and Running, Rendering happly along now. Thank you all.

Very good, I'm happy to see you all set up!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,954
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

Kendall

Ah, Kendall, could you check your PMs please... any advice on the topic mentioned?

Feel free to contact me at the email address listed in my profile. That may speed things up a bit, communications wise.

Kendall

Unfortunately, in this instance, the system doesn't expose your email - I don't think the email button works for non-mods, and even we don't get to see the address it's sending to if we use it.

edited December 1969

M F M said:

Kendall

Kendall

Unfortunately, in this instance, the system doesn't expose your email - I don't think the email button works for non-mods, and even we don't get to see the address it's sending to if we use it.

That does seem to be the case... :-( Oh well, there are other ways. :-)

Kendall

• Ashfire45Ashfire45 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Just to show my first render, using Look At My Hair. The following is a book character of mine who's on the wild side, and is most commonly seen in furs! Obviously, before this plug in,, I've never been able to represent that correctly...Rendered in Reality/Luxrender.

Not even close to the best example of what LAMH can do, of course, but I still find it incredible that I've spent years scratching my head over how to make fur, and then...BOOM. Along comes LAMH and I'm wondering why it was ever hard in the first place. Still quite a learning curve to go, but I'll get there! =D

Furfinallyfinished.jpg
    1586 x 806 - 651K
  • ArcxArcx Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

It's a Greate Tool!!!
    However Need CPU Power...orz

Mcat_Fur_Test.png
    1616 x 668 - 1M
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

So I have a question. On the 3D paint section of the plug-in the manual only shows the first two buttons, but there are three other buttons two paw prints and then it looks like a redo button. Can you please explain what these three buttons do please?

Image5.jpg
    256 x 134 - 21K
    edited December 2012

Arcx said:
    It's a Greate Tool!!!
    However Need CPU Power...orz

50 Million fur? :-P

Oh my, you've beaten each density record! LOL

That cat with all that fur looks quite happy to me :)

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

So here is my first do. My specs are as follows are in the second picture. The last picture is a render using Uber2 lighting with 5 spots one being only specular.

Render_28.jpg
    618 x 800 - 298K
    Image11.jpg
    800 x 800 - 214K
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

Very nice Dolly! The first paw is to load your own image-made paintbrush. So you could make a heart shaped paint brush for example. The second paw is an eraser, and you can load your own image for that as well. The last one is a reset button for the brushes to change them back to default.

edited December 1969

Ashfire45 said:
    Just to show my first render, using Look At My Hair. The following is a book character of mine who's on the wild side, and is most commonly seen in furs! Obviously, before this plug in,, I've never been able to represent that correctly...Rendered in Reality/Luxrender.

Not even close to the best example of what LAMH can do, of course, but I still find it incredible that I've spent years scratching my head over how to make fur, and then...BOOM. Along comes LAMH and I'm wondering why it was ever hard in the first place. Still quite a learning curve to go, but I'll get there! =D

Thanks for sharing your render and for the kudo's.
    Certainly there is some learning to go through, I'm preparing video tutorials that should explain, better than the manual, how to accomplish most common operations.

edited December 2012

Very nice Dolly! The first paw is to load your own image-made paintbrush. So you could make a heart shaped paint brush for example. The second paw is an eraser, and you can load your own image for that as well. The last one is a reset button for the brushes to change them back to default.

Alia beated me at this :)

Just to add to Alia's explanation, on most buttons if you hover with the mouse, you'll get a tooltip with a brief explanation of the tool functionality.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

And they both beat me...

Kendall

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Question: do people use shadowmapped lights, raytraced lights or/and uberenvironment lights?

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    So here is my first do. My specs are as follows are in the second picture. The last picture is a render using Uber2 lighting with 5 spots one being only specular.

Nice render Dolly!

You could try (but of course render time will increase a bit), to set root/tip width = 150/100, and create 120000 hair.
    That should produce thinner hair...

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Question: do people use shadowmapped lights, raytraced lights or/and uberenvironment lights?

I almost exclusively used UE2 and Lantios Lights. But I am a rookie at rendering stuff, so you guys and gals be my guest.

This discussion has been closed.