rendering problems

rwcrookesrwcrookes Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi - I'm a brand new user on a new mac powerbook 17" and at first everything was going fine - I created a figure and rendered it as a png with transparent BG no problem. Now I cant get it to render anything only tiny files or partial files with a blue bg and its just taking forever to do that even though I'm setting a relative low res file size. Am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch? (I'm using default setting in render settings.
Cheers

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What is your render size set to in pixels?

Have you tried rendering to another format like JPG?

It really doesn't sound like you are using the default settings, can you post a screenshot of your advanced Render Settings window?

• rwcrookesrwcrookes Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi - firstly many thanks for trying to help...

I'm pretty sure there is a problem.. here's a screenshot and its not even rendering a preview render now... When I first started the program everything was fine - I was rendering images at various pixel sizes with transparent bg in png and also just jpegs. The problem started after I went through the fiery genesis tutorial and tried to add in my own backdrop image (which wasnt displaying correctly - it was a tiff file) . It wouldnt render, so I deleted the backdrop image but still no joy. I was wondering f there might be a cache somewhere I need to empty.

I've been a photoshop professional for many years so I know about resolutions .

I think probably the best thing to do is reinstall unless you have any other advice - cheers

Screen_shot_2012-07-12_at_09.55_.53_.png
    518 x 914 - 59K
    edited December 1969

and here's my hardware spec...

spec.jpg
    565 x 680 - 75K
    edited December 1969

what would you say should be an expected time to render say a 1500 pixel wide image using the 3Delight ?

(which I take it is the best setting)

edited December 1969

I have to say I have had more success this morning but I'm not sure why. I managed to render a png without bg at 2000 pixels in about 15 minutes. I cleared 4 images from the temp box in application support - I don't know if that cured it and welcome any advice on rendering. I'm a book jacket artist and this is going to be so great for me if I can get used to it.....

cover2-copy.jpg
    514 x 815 - 94K