Alternative Product Loading Paths - Mac DS4

CostelloCostello Posts: 97
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am running DS4 on a Macintosh and have had generally good luck loading new product through one of the two following paths...

/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit

/Users/user/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

Unfortunately I have run into a spate of products that do not appear when I search my Content Library. I have also tried manually loading files directly into the corresponding Runtime folders, but no luck.

Do any of you have any thoughts on what the problem is, or have alternative product loading paths that work well for DS4 on Mac?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Typically if I can't find something, I resort to the ReadMe that came with it, as it usually tells you what all its ContentLibrary paths are.

I also install ALL my items to Dropbox/My Library so they're all cloud-synched, and available on both my Windows and Mac machines.

If you download some older stuff, and don't pay attention to where it's installing, it'll install in weird places like /Applications/Poser4 and such.

-- Morgan

• CostelloCostello Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

Thanks much. Unfortunately, neither the ReadMes nor it putting in an old version path seems to be the problem, though I find the information about cloud-synching interesting.

Do you (or anyone) have any other idea about what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks again.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

When you say you don't find them when you search, do you mean using the search box in the Content Library, or going through "DAZ Studio Formats" or "Poser Formats" to what you think the path should be? Can you give an example of an item, with the exact path and filename and where you're looking for it?

• CostelloCostello Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

When you say you don't find them when you search, do you mean using the search box in the Content Library, or going through "DAZ Studio Formats" or "Poser Formats" to what you think the path should be? Can you give an example of an item, with the exact path and filename and where you're looking for it?

I mainly mean looking through the search feature in the Content Library. But I have also gone into the files themselves and the listed files seem to be where they should be. (My problem at the moment is just with loading to DAZ). I have loaded plenty of product that goes in just fine using one of the two above paths, but a number of items just don't seem to take.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Can you give an example (filename with extension and full path on disk)? Can you go to Edit>Preferences>Directories>Content Directory Manager, expand both the "DS Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot?