So confused re Carrara versus Daz Studio

2»

Comments

• mavantemavante Posts: 734

thanks for having. go at me for being lazy retired I guess I deserved that,

Wendy, I don't know how we have these misunderstandings, but I will tie myself into a pretzel to make them not happen, and to repair any that linger. I had, and have, absolutely zero idea about your personal situation or condition in life, and nothing I said was in any slightest way directed personally at you.

You had made a comment about "many DAZ studio users"—that I guess you must know or know of—and I was merely contrasting that characterization to the small number of DAZ studio users I know, only because we work together off and on.

I'm very sorry—sincerely and deeply sorry—that my commentary about those few people I know, and the ways they work, inadvertently reflected in any tiniest way on you. It was entirely unknowing, it was not intended, and I hope you will accept this unqualified apology.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,057
    mavante said:

thanks for having. go at me for being lazy retired I guess I deserved that,

Wendy, I don't know how we have these misunderstandings, but I will tie myself into a pretzel to make them not happen, and to repair any that linger. I had, and have, absolutely zero idea about your personal situation or condition in life, and nothing I said was in any slightest way directed personally at you.

You had made a comment about "many DAZ studio users"—that I guess you must know or know of—and I was merely contrasting that characterization to the small number of DAZ studio users I know, only because we work together off and on.

I'm very sorry—sincerely and deeply sorry—that my commentary about those few people I know, and the ways they work, inadvertently reflected in any tiniest way on you. It was entirely unknowing, it was not intended, and I hope you will accept this unqualified apology.

is OK I presume too much and have tried to help too many one click and load make art users

no was not saying you were one

but there are plenty out there

Carrara tends to be less about premade content than DAZ studio so we are a bit different here devil

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i been using the mm sale to return to the fun days, i used to renfer ds in the 4.7 days.  4.8 sucked the fun out of it.

retro content like Cookie and her cutsie stuff.  old sadie has cute stuff too. chip and basil  micah and melody 

edited March 2020

I am a bit confused 

what changed in 4.8 that sucked the fun out?

I have 4.7 on my old computer but that was because of a specific offsite script I used and DAZcollada export to Carrara of the results

I don't render in it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

was a steep learning curve to light. and powder donuts. orange tints. opacity

still need ds to convert content for carrara scene inventory

oh the selection highlighter, you can disable that

mavante said:
    0oseven said:

It partly depends on what actual work you do and whether it is easier in Carrara or Daz . You have to try it to know - but that requires some patience. We recommend it . 

From having looked into it, I don't think Carrara is for me. I've been able to accomplish what my clients need using Daz Studio and Cinema 4D.

A few Carrara-only models caught my eye and I thought they might be good in an animation I'm doing, but given all the complications (and expense) involved, there are many, many other solutions, several of which I'm already implementing.

If the PAs of those models that interested me ever decide to port them over to DS, I'd be a customer, but it doesn't seem likely to happen--and it's spring, and there are butterflies to catch.

does the general wm work in c4d?

the mirphs and pose controls work?

thanks.

those poor disadvantaged ds users, cant shift move a hot point laugh Change pivot of a group

Mystiarra said:

those poor disadvantaged ds users, cant shift move a hot point laugh Change pivot of a group

you can but its a right PITA

using the rigging tool, tool settings and those ridiculously twiddly red and green arrows it displays then memoriise rigging

Mystiarra said:

you can but its a right PITA

using the rigging tool, tool settings and those ridiculously twiddly red and green arrows it displays then memoriise rigging

green arrow laugh  tee hee hee

• Believe it or not, but Victoria 3 still is my fav. figure to use in animation. I've been using Carrara since Carrara 6 came out. I still use Carrara because it's compatible with poser and you can import many different 3D objects, like 3ds, obj, etc. 

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614
    mavante said:

many DAZ studio users won't look beyond click loading and rendering Genesis 3 and 8 and their realistic bends

the throught of using older content and doing some work horrifies them

I, personally, wouldn't presume to speak for "many DAZ studio users," or, really, any at all other than the few I know well and work with.

Among those, I know quite well that budgets and deadlines have a great deal to do with professional decisions about what products to work with. Then again, these people I'm referring to are not dilettantes living off the dole or idling away their retirement; these are hard-nosed professionals having to deliver on-time, within budget.

I'm a professional and I know a good many professionals that are on the dole or in serious financial straits because the economy has been dreadful for quite some time.

We use what tools we use. If we have the budget and the time, C4D is a fine tool, I use it from time to time as well.

I personally enjoy using Carrara. It can handle most Poser props, DAZ props. It can handle Poser people thru Poser 7 & Daz people (Genesis 2 & below). The animation capabilities are amazing.