Pose Fusion for Genesis to Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@mcorr , @Zev0

FWIW, the price was acceptable to me. There was a number of considerations involved. Foremost for me: I have never been disappointed in a Zev0 product and own most of those products, 2nd, Zev0 stands behind each product with patient and diligent support to fix bugs and accomodate user suggestions as practical. Finally I have found that Zev0 products invariably offer much more utility than first appears. Case in point with Pose Fusion,  I went through the promos and initially thought it could be useful but wasn't sure of often I might use it. I quickly realized that there were a lot times when I rearranged a scene to accommodate a pose I like because (as @Ghosty12 said) mirroring a pose a often much more difficult than it might appear. Also the promo for the seated pose with both legs up on the block sealed the deal.

Last speech before I get off the soapbox. One doesn't need to spend much time on Tubrosquid to realize DAZ prices are reasonable or much time w/ Renderosity to realize that the quality of products on Renderosity, with the exception of a few PAs, aren't nearly as good as the DAZ store. Finally no one needs to buy any of this. I would hope people have begun to learn that there is a large difference between what we want and what we need. The Rolling Stones were right you know.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,149

Thanks for the hard work, Zevo.  I'm snagging it now.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130
    edited April 2020

Hi: I just bought the product yesterday. I'm on a Macintosh, running OS 10.12.6, Sierra. Thought you should know that. OK, this morning I decided to test the product out. I went to Scripts and clicked on Pose Fusion. I got an error message. I'll attach a Screen Shot. I tried several times, clicking on a character or on a character part, such as "Lower Abdomen." Of course, the error message says to check the Log File, so I'll include the relevant part of the Log File, which just basically says that DS failed to load the script.

Beyond this, I don't know what to do. Hope this will run on a Macintosh. Below, part of the Log File:

2020-04-25 11:46:44.172 Saved image: /Users/s/Desktop/Latest Poser n DAZ Studio Files/Min Joon and Roy_TEST for POSER FUSION.duf.png
    2020-04-25 11:47:05.548 Loading script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse
    2020-04-25 11:47:05.548 Failed to load script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse
    2020-04-25 11:47:11.650 Loading script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse
    2020-04-25 11:47:11.651 Failed to load script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse
    2020-04-25 11:47:18.530 Loading script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion Product Support.dsa
    2020-04-25 11:47:18.550 Script executed successfully: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion Product Support.dsa
    2020-04-25 11:50:35.311 Loading script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse
    2020-04-25 11:50:35.311 Failed to load script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse

Where it says "Script executed successfully," that refers to the Script "Pose Fusion Product Support" page, which brought me here, not to the Pose Fusion product.

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 11.50.38 AM.png
    426 x 133 - 15K
    Post edited by inquire on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065

Thanks we will look into it now.

Thanks. Hope it's nothing big, for your sake, but also, of course, for mine, because I love your products, and I really would like to be able to work with this one. I hope you discover what's happening quickly.

I will PM you if we need additional info.

OK. 

• DamselDamsel Posts: 382

I also bought Visual Menus, which I needed. I have done a lot of clothing conversions, and I wanted to create a shortcut to get to them -- navigating to them is a pain. I see version 1.1 has a bookmarking function, but my version doesn't seem to show that. I'm in Daz Studio 4.12.  I could create shortcuts for each piece of clothing, but it's taking FOREVER, because there is no batch processing.I don't think.

Damsel

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    inquire said:

Hi: I just bought the product yesterday. I'm on a Macintosh, running OS 10.12.6, Sierra. Thought you should know that. OK, this morning I decided to test the product out. I went to Scripts and clicked on Pose Fusion. I got an error message. I'll attach a Screen Shot. I tried several times, clicking on a character or on a character part, such as "Lower Abdomen." Of course, the error message says to check the Log File, so I'll include the relevant part of the Log File, which just basically says that DS failed to load the script.

Beyond this, I don't know what to do. Hope this will run on a Macintosh. Below, part of the Log File:

2020-04-25 11:46:44.172 Saved image: /Users/s/Desktop/Latest Poser n DAZ Studio Files/Min Joon and Roy_TEST for POSER FUSION.duf.png
    2020-04-25 11:47:05.548 Loading script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse
    2020-04-25 11:47:05.548 Failed to load script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse
    2020-04-25 11:47:11.650 Loading script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse
    2020-04-25 11:47:11.651 Failed to load script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse
    2020-04-25 11:47:18.530 Loading script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion Product Support.dsa
    2020-04-25 11:47:18.550 Script executed successfully: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion Product Support.dsa
    2020-04-25 11:50:35.311 Loading script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse
    2020-04-25 11:50:35.311 Failed to load script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse

Where it says "Script executed successfully," that refers to the Script "Pose Fusion Product Support" page, which brought me here, not to the Pose Fusion product.

I just found out this was released and have been itching to get it—but I'm on a Mac with High Sierra and will have to wait to see what the outcome of this is.

I feel confident this will get resolved, though, and while I'm here will just say that I think the price is very reasonable—especially given all the extraordinary added value this product will give to all owned and future pose packages! Wow. Just wow ... . 

@inquire I sent you a pm

OK, I did as you asked with the Command Key and double-clicking the file. I also pasted the log file into the pm.

edited April 2020

didnt get any updated pm yet. We need the log.txt pls. That gives all info we need.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084
    edited April 2020
    inquire said:

Try installing it via DIM, which can also be done offline.

Post edited by mcorr on

@Zev0 I pasted the entire log file into the PM I sent yesterday. You did receive it, right?

@mcorr  I did install the product via DIM.

edited April 2020

@Zev0 I pasted the entire log file into the PM I sent yesterday. You did receive it, right?

No I didn't get anything. Can you bump the response pls? I can't find the message.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2020

I just sent the message again. What is "bump the response"? Does it mean resend the message? It's in my inbox. Is it not in your inbox?

I feel a little like Siri: "I don't understand bump the response."

Post edited by inquire on

I also have a copy of the entire log file in .txt format. Do you want me to email that to you somehow? I would have, except that the inbox doesn't seem to accept attachments. So, I just pasted the log file into the message area.

Yes email it to me please. That is what I need. The entire .txt. PM me for my email address.

edited April 2020
    inquire said:

I just sent the message again. What is "bump the response"? Does it mean resend the message? It's in my inbox. Is it not in your inbox?

I feel a little like Siri: "I don't understand bump the response."

Bump means if you reply on it I will see it top of my email list via notifications.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Just responded to your PM. Sent log file. OH, OH! This is getting WORSE and WORSE! Moments after I sent the email to you, it was returned! I will PM you the entire response I got from the mail server, but in brief, it said, of your email address: 550 No Such User Here
       (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Did I get the correct email address?

replied in pm..I messed up the spelling sorry.

OH, sending it off again to corrected email. Just sent! Hope you get it almost immediately. It's 1:12 PM in California, PST.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    Zev0 said:

Thanks for your input Ghosty12. Price is priced as is for a reason. The amount of custom script work done here was a lot. It also supports multiple generations and each had to have custom logic applied to their bones because of different groupings. Secondly, this is a base product for an expansion (in developement) which allows the merging of any pose to any bone (think Pose Builder on steroids) using the same system, same as for a new pose saving feature. We didn't build this system to be a one trick pony.

Also I use this product daily so it is very useful to me even if on the surface it doesn't look as useful. To me it is more usable than a clothing or hair set that costs roughly the same price and gets used less.

Now, if you have this base product you will get a discount on the expansion and Dial Control when those are released. Also if you wait, this product price will be cheaper when products are not stated as new and are hugely discounted. So based on how the store operates, and taking into what is planned for the product, vs time spent, the price is right. Now if this product was priced much lower and further down the line when aggressive store discounts takes place, how sustainable will it be then? I take all aspects into account regarding pricing and what I think is a fair price vs sustainability. If you think it is a bit expensive then you can always wait when it gets discounted deeper later down the line. Also we plan on doing a Bundle as well, which will automatically have all products reduced by 30% at base cost. This will work out the same for early adopters who buy Pose Fusion, the expansion and Dial Control individually with adoption discounts. (Bundle structure still pending based on release dates)

Your products are never even close to being over-priced; if someone thinks they are, well that's an easy fix for 'em, wait till it reaches a price they think is fair.

I've bought as I had lots of uses for it a few days ago (mirroring partial poses), since buying it, i've forgotten about it and not tried it. :(

Sorry you feel that way. I just make what I think is useful based on my own usage habbits and hope others find the products useful as well. Appreciate the feedback.yes

Oh, oh. I'm using version 4.11 of DAZ Studio. Zev0 says it will only work in version 4.12. Now, how well will v 4.12 work on a Macintosh in OS 10.12.6? Is anyone using DS 4.12 on a Mac, and, if so, which Mac OS are you using? I've been reading so many comments by people who are disgusted with v 4.12 that I haven't updated yet. I'm hoping for at least the major bugs to be cleaned up. 

Is anyone using a Mac satisfied with DS 4.12? I know I could go to the Forum on 4.12, but I'd only read more disgusted people's comments. And hopefully, if there is a satisfied Mac user out there, hopefully you are using Sierra (the OS).

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,201

i like 4.12 just fine, inquire.  i prefer it to 4.11.

if you don't want to give up 4.11?  you can keep the 4.11 current release and still download and run the current 4.12 beta. 

installing the beta won't overwrite the current official release version.

j

Thanks for  responding. Are you on a Mac? But, if not, OK. Now, I've never installed a beta. Will it keep all of the Content Directory settings? And, if I want to have the official release, do I then delete the Beta? Is there an option included with it, to make deleting it thorough? Also, where do I find the beta to download?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    inquire said:

Thanks for  responding. Are you on a Mac? But, if not, OK. Now, I've never installed a beta. Will it keep all of the Content Directory settings? And, if I want to have the official release, do I then delete the Beta? Is there an option included with it, to make deleting it thorough? Also, where do I find the beta to download?

The beta can only be installed with DIM (to ensure it doesn't cause problems with the general release).  You can continue to use the general release while the beta is installed.  It does NOT use or copy the settings from the general release -- there are scripts in the docuwiki to export your content directory settings from the general release and to import them into the beta, if you have too many to just set them up manually in the beta.  You can uninstall it completely with DIM.

The one thing the general release and the beta share is the CMS database.

• inquire said:

The beta can only be installed with DIM (to ensure it doesn't cause problems with the general release).  You can continue to use the general release while the beta is installed.  It does NOT use or copy the settings from the general release -- there are scripts in the docuwiki to export your content directory settings from the general release and to import them into the beta, if you have too many to just set them up manually in the beta.  You can uninstall it completely with DIM.

The one thing the general release and the beta share is the CMS database.

Actually, as part of the new instancing system, it is possible to set an instance of DS up to copy the UI or settings from another channel/instance https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5112696/#Comment_5112696

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    edited April 2020
    inquire said:

Oh, oh. I'm using version 4.11 of DAZ Studio. Zev0 says it will only work in version 4.12.

Well, that is crushing news. I'm on a Mac, High Sierra, Mac OS 10.13.6. Can't budge from it or won't be able to use nVidia at all. And, no, I'm not moving to DS 4.12, for a laundry list of reasons. I can't remember them all right now, but something about it would break several things for me.

inquire said:

I've been reading so many comments by people who are disgusted with v 4.12 that I haven't updated yet.

Yeah. Me too. I was so looking forward to getting this for a current project, but that's out now. Thanks for the heads-up.

Post edited by mavante on