Aniblocks import

Helo,

I bought the animate aniblocks for Carrara some time ago but was never able to open them in Carrara. I gave up on trying to open them and just made my own walk cycles using Phill's tutorials.  But now I would like to use them, but I am still unable to open them in Carrara 8.5 .  

They do show in My DAZ  3D Library but they do not respond to a click or open up any files in the right pane.

They do not appear in my DAZ 3D library runtime, as I suspect they are not a runtime file.

So what am I doing wrong? Where should they be placed?

Thanks for any help,

Ray

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 10.59.19 AM.png
952 x 1682 - 359K
Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 11.01.54 AM.png
932 x 1064 - 219K
Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 11.02.14 AM.png
1784 x 754 - 230K
Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 11.24.21 AM.png
944 x 1942 - 371K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,057

you need the aniblock importer plugin installed and load them from file with the figure selected not from your browser.

Alternatively you can bake any aniblocks to the timeline in DAZ studio and save as an animated duf pose, I actually prefer this to importing aniblocks for later figures but all the animation needs to be set up in DAZ studio as it bakes keyframes for every frame.

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452

Thanks Wendy,

I don't use DAZ Studio, so I am stuck with the Carrara solution. I thought I had the Aniblock plugin installed, it shows up in my DAZ 3D Library.  I tried selecting the figure and then went to file at the top left and selected  import, but the files in the aniblocks were greyed  out. It is confusing.

Ray

edited March 2020

check it is in extensions, I admit I have had issues with the plugin on my 8.5 release build but it works on my beta one I have Octane render installed to 

Mimic plugin and a few others been giving me issues too on release

Carrara crashes to desktop on startup with them installed

others such as inagoni crash the beta so I use both builds

V4 even crashes one of them!

this is Windows 10 all work on my Win7 machine

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

You have to drag the clip into the "Clip" section of the Window at the lower right portion of the Assemble Room.  Then drag the clip from there to the Figure's "Track" in the Sequencer.  See attached.

Clips 1.jpg
    845 x 612 - 103K
    Clips 2.jpg
    899 x 647 - 131K

yes those are NLA. clips native to Carrara

Aniblocks are a DAZ studio format gfa the file extension and need importing under file top left like you would FBX etc but with the figure selected

Yes.  I imported the aniblocks and saved them as clips.  The original post third screen shot seemed to show similar clips in the browser, created independently of aniblocks (" I gave up on trying to open [aniblocks] and just made my own walk cycles using Phill's tutorials.  But now I would like to use them, but I am still unable to open them in Carrara 8.5" ).    It seemed the poster just wanted to know how to use clips.

But sorry if I'm confusing the issue.

Steve,

Thanks for jumping in.  I have no problem making NLA clips, saving them and then implementing them when needed. What I cannot do is bring in the aniblocks which I paid for.

Ray

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 7.35.40 PM.png
    2264 x 1812 - 3M
    edited March 2020

is it installed in your extensions folder?

Capture.JPG
    926 x 825 - 133K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Wendy,

I have tried what you suggested, but I am not sure at all that I am looking in the right place or would recognize the file if I saw it. 

This is what I think you are saying, though I probably have got it wrong, I select lets say a M4 character in the scene panel on the right, and highlight this figure. Then with this highlighted I go up to the top left and click on File on the bar.  This drops down a menu (New,Open, Open Preset, Close, Save...etc) ..Is this correct?  When I go to Open and navigate to the aniblocks they are not active..

Thanks again,

Ray

OK  a video

are you by some chance on a Mac using Catalina?

starboard said:

When I go to Open and navigate to the aniblocks they are not active..

No, not "Open", that is for Carrara scenes.  Use "Import" for aniblocks.  

Steve and Wendy,

Sorry, that was a typo.I meant to type import... When I go to the gfa files they are greyed out.  When I look at the bar with all the import options I do not see .gfa as one of them.  This is probably the problem.  Is the Go Figure download supposed to provide this?

Thanks, Ray

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 9.08.23 PM.png
    2 x 2 - 3K
    2 x 2 - 3K
    2 x 2 - 3K
    2 x 2 - 3K
    Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 9.11.13 PM.png
    2386 x 1366 - 716K

Wendy,

Yes I am on a Mac, using  Mojave 10.14.3.  Is there a problem with using the importer ona Mac?

Ray

Wendy,

Thanks for the video.This is what I have done..but I can't click on the .gfa files.

Ray

there is an issue with opening files using Catalina apparently, I don't know much else being a Windows user

support will probably just refund you as they are not fixing Carrara anymore angry

you might have to install their golden child DAZ studio to bake and save aniblocks 

Wendy and Steve,

Thanks for your help.  The solution is beyond my grasp of the program.  I will stick to making my own NLA clips.

Thanks,

Ray