A few questions.

SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 972
edited December 1969 in New Users

Just a few questions here:
1. If I have a scene in which several props have mesh smoothing/collision operating, when I move people around this slows things down because my computer only has the minimum specs for DS at the moment. Is it possible to turn off all the mesh smoothing at once, rather than go through each item individually and turn it off, then move my figures and turn it all on again?

2. Sometimes when I load a prop, it's quite some distance away fom where I want it to be, for example I recently put a splash of blood into a scene, and it took ages to manouvre to the characters head. Is there a quicker way to get props to specific places?

3. Has the resizing feature on the forum started working yet, or is it still on the to do list?

4. Sometimes I try using a pose on a figure that was designed for someone else, such as a V4 pose on M4. Often this works fine, but sometimes there is distortion, usually with the feet stretching as if pinned to the floor or something. Any way to stop this?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited July 2012

1: Yes just select all the items and then in the Parameters Pane (Tab) turn off the Smoothing and Collision. I just tested in and it works.
    2: Tool Settings I think but I am not 100% sure. I will get back to this one.
    3: No still not working and yes on the to do list
    4: Yep http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306/ Under Freebies, second link down called Reset Genesis Hand and Feet Translation after applying Gen4 Poses - DS4+

Post edited by Szark on
  • SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 972
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your answers, especially about the smoothing. That's going to save me a fair bit of time. Cheers!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461
    edited December 1969

2. has several possible answers. One I like is to turn Parent in Place off, which causes the item to move so that it is in the same position relative to its new parent's origin as it was in relation to the world origin; that's a check-box at the bottom of the Change Parent dialogue, if you use that, or an entry in the Scene pane's option menu if you use drag and rop to parent. The other option is to use the Align pane.