Attic Ladder Prop (maybe rigged)

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
edited April 2020 in New Users

Hi,

I want a attic Ladder like those:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/u25e1569d-0f39-4495-904a-a6452c2ecd0d/Space-Saver-Attic-Loft-ladder

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/b19641ce6e3ae6e2d7cc9285d8f326b3/Folding-Attic-Stairs

(you can start 3d view; takes a moment to load; and use mouse or shift+mouse to rotate).

If it is open/closeable it would be nice.

I use atm, this attic:

https://www.daz3d.com/old-attic

But I want such a ladder there to let someone look in, I design it childfriendly and wanna let a Parent look in from the ladder.

I played as kid self on such an attic. (I just use the room basic, removed all items and fill it with my Lib content).

(Scene still in WIP, nothing final) The pic is just a friendly showcase, dont rate it or anything. (you can tell me if you like it, but dont make critic, its in progress the next days)

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited April 2020

Oh perfect, thanks!

Btw. a nice home design, I like the "normal" style, I dont like that the shop is full of luxery stuff.

Thanks again ^_^

Post edited by Loony on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Thanks for the mention, Richard. I thought it might be the right style.

MrDarck - Home One House is a full setup with other rooms, available as a bundle or separate pieces.

edited April 2020

Oh its maclean the creator of it :D

Is it possible that you make a iray reworked version of it? or atleast a addon for it? Would be great!

Because I like the full bundle, but I think I am not so good with changing all, I did hear for Lights does it need more work as just adding a iray uber shader.

I never used 3DL, I started Daz3d with iray.

Post edited by Loony on
    edited April 2020

I'm slowly updating all my older products to Iray, but it's a long process because I have to keep making new products too. I have no idea when I'll get to Home One, and to be honest, there's so much in it, it would take an awful long time. I'm not saying I won't do it - just that I wouldn't count on it any time soon.

Edit - This is just a thought. You could either get the bundle or 1 room and try some renders without touching anything. When DS has a non-Iray scene, it uses auto-conversion and it's really pretty good at it. That would give you an idea of what to expect (without doing any work at all). Then - and this is the point - if you don't think you can work with it, use the 30-day money-back guarantee. DAZ ask no questions, and are generally very good about refunds.

Post edited by maclean on
    edited April 2020

oh hmmm okay, I will think about it, mainly I need atm the ladder, but I also love the child room and the rest, because the bath looks normally and not like in a 5Star hotel (like the moest in the store does... maybe all PA's get so rich, they have a golden bath?^^)

And yeah, I used this:

https://www.daz3d.com/japanese-corridor-and-bedrooms-environment

And rendered it, and then people told me its in 3DL, but tbh... I didnt saw it, for me it looked good in the render^^.

Btw. you have a lot nice stuff, just if you find ever the time for it (haha... I dont think so), can you try to make an addon for your "every day" stuff in a Messy way? so the ketchup buttle is pushed and splitted out, the eggs are broken, the cables are in chaos, the books are throwed around, maybe some pages are ripped off and missing.

You know, making chaos ;)

And I like your everyday products, I just looked a few hours ago through your store and it was like a timetravel, the old food products looks really old^^ like "toys" :D

I wish the products would have a timestamp so I can see how old the product is :p

Btw. 2 is your cable Set rigged? I did just try it self with a cable from a lamp (did delete the lamp and did just used the cable+plug) but... I am too stupid for special technices like creating a rigged setup^^.

Post edited by Loony on

No, the cables aren't rigged - they all have multiple morphs (usually 20-30) to pose them. I tried rigged cables at first, but the amount of body parts required was way too high.

yeah I assumed it too at the cable, which I did try...

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912
    edited April 2020

Alot of iRay depends on lighting. (Looking down MacLean's attic stairs.

Whats down there.jpg
    834 x 625 - 724K
    Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • I have a question about Maclean's attic stairs too. Does this work natively in Daz Studio and is it a prop I can subset out or use in another attic scene I am working on for personal use?

Thank you, also thanks for all the wonderful stuff you do in the Everyday series.

Unflinchingly said:

I have a question about Maclean's attic stairs too. Does this work natively in Daz Studio and is it a prop I can subset out or use in another attic scene I am working on for personal use?

Thank you, also thanks for all the wonderful stuff you do in the Everyday series.

Yes, you can just load it standalone, I used it in a other attic scene and it works.

You just have to create a link from your poser file to your daz lib, to get a fast access, inside your content lib.