graphcs cards

2»

Comments

• edited December 1969

until a non gamer card was mentioned to me for 3d creation...i was looking into the 680 - 670 - 580 ... right now its these card r a quadro most likely ... still tryn to figure it out

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Can't help you much more here.
    It really depends on which app you work the most with, and how big your scenes are.
    If you want to be sure, I'd say quadro 4000. It performs well in almost everything and you may use Cuda applications later if you want to (Octane for example)

If you don't bother about Cuda you may try the Firepro 5900 (forget what I said before about going Nvidia). It's about the same price as the Quadro 2000, has 2Go Vram and is better on OpenGL benchmarks so it should be better for DAZ viewport. For Cuda apps you still can use your current card and eventually buy a better one later if needed

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Can't help you much more here.
    It really depends on which app you work the most with, and how big your scenes are.
    If you want to be sure, I'd say quadro 4000. It performs well in almost everything and you may use Cuda applications later if you want to (Octane for example)

If you don't bother about Cuda you may try the Firepro 5900 (forget what I said before about going Nvidia). It's about the same price as the Quadro 2000, has 2Go Vram and is better on OpenGL benchmarks so it should be better for DAZ viewport. For Cuda apps you still can use your current card and eventually buy a better one later if needed

Unfortunately, ATI cards and Linux are notoriously unstable in the 3D realm. The Quadro 4000 is an excellent card, but still well above the target price range. They have dropped from >$1000 earlier this year to the ~$750 range, so they may be within the target range within the next couple of months.

Kendall

• edited December 1969

actually...i have about $1000 to spend at most....but i was trying to stay away from being totally rediculous with spending and going way over a hobbiest / artist needs (even though its 1 of the greatest enjoyments for me...which is priceless)...

again thank you everyone for the advice...and direction...still looking at the 4000 especially if the price may go down a bit....

it has taken alot of willpower to stop myself from buying the "quadro 4000" out right...patience...

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

filthian said:
    actually...i have about $1000 to spend at most....but i was trying to stay away from being totally rediculous with spending and going way over a hobbiest / artist needs (even though its 1 of the greatest enjoyments for me...which is priceless)...

again thank you everyone for the advice...and direction...still looking at the 4000 especially if the price may go down a bit....

it has taken alot of willpower to stop myself from buying the "quadro 4000" out right...patience...

That is not ridiculous but I agree to say it's a bit expensive. However I don't think you will regret it and it's a good long term investment.