viewport missing icons

When I watch the tutorials on you tube, I notice that my viewport is missing 5 icons on the upper right and 3 items on the top right along with a cube with lines running around it.

I beleive this may be part of my problem seeing things in the viewport.  I usually have on or two thick lines which I beleive are the grid I see on these tutorials. If I load something, I can move my view around and end up seeing a big blob which I beleive is a very closeup view of a small portion of the item loaded.

Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Please post a screen shot, and your DS version number (Help>About Daz Studio).

• 4.12.0.86 pro 64 bit

DAZ3d viewport.PNG
    1916 x 1077 - 98K
  • brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213
    spammenow said:

4.12.0.86 pro 64 bit

seems like you zoom in a lot, try to zoom out (wheel up)

don't know about the missing icons, I saw that some of them have the autohide option but should be visible again hovering the mouse in the upper righ section of the viewports.. I would maybe try to reset the workspace by select a different one or apply the same again (Windows / Workspace / Select Layout).. but I'm no expert at all :(

• What video chips/cards do you have? If you have an Intel GPU on the CPU and a stand-alone GPU from nVidia or AMD make sure, via the nVidia/Catalyst Control Panel that can be launched from a right-click on the desktop, that DS is suing the stand-alone GPU.

• spammenowspammenow Posts: 2
    edited April 2020

This morning before I went to work, I checked this forum and then launched DAZ.  It was perfect.  I had all the icons on the viewport.  I could see the tutorial I was working on.  I could even zoom in and out.  Rendering made it all the better.

But now I am home and when I brought it up, same as yesterday

nVidia GeForce RX 2070

Post edited by spammenow on
  • "seems like you zoom in a lot, try to zoom out (wheel up)"

Actually I'm not zooming in.  When I try to zoom in or out, it appears that I am moving horizontally across the image and not away from it

• My daz3d studio has crashed a few times and have the same problem. I uninstalled Daz3d Studio and it worked the first time but now I also have the super pixelated viewport problem when I try to zoom out it scrolls sideways. the grid layout is super pixalated. I've reinstalled multiple times, the first time I did it it worked but now i'm stuck with super pixelated viewport view that does not respond to normal input..

• thornthorn Posts: 3

Sorry fo activating this old thread, google brought me here, seems to be the only one, thats fits my search.

No solution so far? I do have the same problem this morning. Seams I did something yesterday, maybe. It depends on the width of the viewport. Two pane-groups active- left AND right - no Icons. When only one pane-group is visible, the Icons do appear. This was different before. Any ideas welcome ;)

Found the answer myself I do beleave. Yesterday I did add a second pane (shader mixer) to the pane-group in the middle, that holds the viewport usually, only this. Removed the "Shader Mixer" pane, and the Icons came back into the viewport. Added the "Shader Mixer", and luckily the Icons stayed visible, where I am used to have them. Stable behaviour - hopefully. May be this helps others, so I will leave my little talk with myself here.

• thorn said:

Sorry fo activating this old thread, google brought me here, seems to be the only one, thats fits my search.

No solution so far? I do have the same problem this morning. Seams I did something yesterday, maybe. It depends on the width of the viewport. Two pane-groups active- left AND right - no Icons. When only one pane-group is visible, the Icons do appear. This was different before. Any ideas welcome ;)

Found the answer myself I do beleave. Yesterday I did add a second pane (shader mixer) to the pane-group in the middle, that holds the viewport usually, only this. Removed the "Shader Mixer" pane, and the Icons came back into the viewport. Added the "Shader Mixer", and luckily the Icons stayed visible, where I am used to have them. Stable behaviour - hopefully. May be this helps others, so I will leave my little talk with myself here.

This is a known issue - the minimum width of Shader Mixer can be greater than the avaialble pane dock width and if it is parts will be under the edge of the next dock, though in many cases collapsing that (click the tab of the/an active pane in that dock) will make the controls visible.