Model not importing with Duf scene - bones do

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,967
edited April 2020 in Carrara Discussion

Hya, just  playing with that well known Carrara Plugin in Daz Studio and saving out a duf = but when I bring it into Carrara only t he bones come in.

When I load up Victoria 4 in Studio I ghet an error (?) message flashed on the screen that I cant read (too fast) - but she loads up okay.

Previous to that I was advised I didnt have my poser runtime setup properly in Studio - so I added my Carrara runtime to Studio (where I have m4 V4 etc.

I have been using Stuido 4.5 but in an attempt to get carraar smart content to work I reinstalled Studi0 4.1.

Thanks for help. Same thing happens in Studio 4.5 and 4.1

EDIT It happens with all figures!

cheese

Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056

grab DS4.12 latest beta, it works fine with Carrara and you can have it as well as the release build

yours is a tad early pre postegresql which is likely the issue

Still keep it though as its great for duf exports of Optitex simulations esp if using a certain script

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,967

ah thanks Wendy. I was confused about studio versions - assumed 4.5 was later than 4.12 ... der 

Yes I am using 4.12 - still no joy. I save a scene as a duf and all that comes in are the bones but no flesh - happens with v4 m4 fairy wings etc - havnt tried it with genesis

I have studio searching for all my content now  , that shjould keep it busy for a year

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,379
    edited April 2020

Do you always save as a scene ? Have you tried saving as a Scene Subset to see what it will do ? I normally save my DAZ Studio items as Scene Subsets.

AlluringWings Carrara 1.png
    3840 x 1035 - 765K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

thanks I'll give that a go!

edited April 2020

how are you loading V4 in DAZ studio 

Powerloader?

if that's giving the error message it might be a missing morph package ticked

are you ticking options or not

are you using LOD?

are you doing any conversions

she is legacy so should be saved as is not converted to weighmapping

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996
    edited April 2020

Just wondering if you have two lots of Vicky installed and they are cross talking or something..

I had a similar problem once so now just load Vicky from the ds structure... if that makes sense wink

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited April 2020

also the order you have your Poser runtimes added to DAZ studio makes a difference

the main one with Vicky's !Geometry files and cr2 needs to be first or the deltas in other ones can cause conficts with Powerloader in particular

as Stezza said using the Poser directory loading base figure no morph injections not only avoids this but makes a lighter file

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

cross talk brings back memoriessmiley.  loading 2 sydneys in poser 7, both figures would follow the morph settings, couldnt have one skinny and one chuby

Bunyip02 said:

Do you always save as a scene ? Have you tried saving as a Scene Subset to see what it will do ? I normally save my DAZ Studio items as Scene Subsets.

thanks Bunyip02 for the suggestion. Still no joy!

edited April 2020

how are you loading V4 in DAZ studio 

Powerloader?

if that's giving the error message it might be a missing morph package ticked

are you ticking options or not

are you using LOD?

are you doing any conversions

she is legacy so should be saved as is not converted to weighmapping

Hya Wendy - yes powerloader comes up _ I am using LOD . It comes up with two unticked boxes saying no metdata found.

One is Creature Creator morphs for V4 (ps_mr258) 

and other is No metadata found no metadata found (ps_mr658

The base morphs and Morphs++ seem to be injecting.

It's not just V4 though... &^%^%$%$&*&&^!

it happens with all figures = eg V ictoria 2 Lo Res comes into Carrara without a body.- see pic - there is no model in the instances list

powerloader.jpg
    1382 x 998 - 274K
    Lod.jpg
    1382 x 998 - 259K
    bones1.jpg
    2108 x 1406 - 804K
    Post edited by Headwax on
    Stezza said:

Just wondering if you have two lots of Vicky installed and they are cross talking or something..

I had a similar problem once so now just load Vicky from the ds structure... if that makes sense wink

Haha just did a search for v4 obj and yes she is installed in four places - but not in the latest drive that I got dim to download my entire product library ... not sure what is going on there.

It was working fine before I downloaded my entire library - I changed the name of the file that DIM uses to see what it has downloaded so it would download everything.

Maybe that's the clue?

I'll try loading her up from the ds structure - but iyt is a problem with all figures - they load into studio okay but dont come into carrara via the duf file...

objfiles.jpg
    2226 x 482 - 256K

also the order you have your Poser runtimes added to DAZ studio makes a difference

the main one with Vicky's !Geometry files and cr2 needs to be first or the deltas in other ones can cause conficts with Powerloader in particular

as Stezza said using the Poser directory loading base figure no morph injections not only avoids this but makes a lighter file

thanks for the idea Wendy - I have my Carrara directory at the top of the Poser runtimes - and that is where she is installed.

I just loaded up Vick via her cr2 file in Studio and saved as duf but still no joy gahagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Mystiarra said:

cross talk brings back memoriessmiley.  loading 2 sydneys in poser 7, both figures would follow the morph settings, couldnt have one skinny and one chuby

ah I missed the fun of cross talk :)

edited April 2020
    Headwax said:

thanks for the idea Wendy - I have my Carrara directory at the top of the Poser runtimes - and that is where she is installed.

I just loaded up Vick via her cr2 file in Studio and saved as duf but still no joy gahagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

And meant in DAZ studio preferences 

and if you have V4 installed 4x you are going to have issues in everything 

especially DAZ studio

she has to have only one installation 

LOD will give issues in Carrara too

Thanks Wendy,

Just uninstalled Studio 4.12 vbia DIm and then unistalled Stuido 4.10 by deleting the directory as it had no unistaller...

No reinstalling via DIM the lates Studio - see if that works?

Not sure of how to get rid of three of the V4s?

hmm well uninstalling and reinstalling didin't work...

the issue is not with DAZ studio it is your runtime setup

try only adding one to DAZ studio in preferences and see if it works

edit some mechanical figures and genesis 2 come in fine ....

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

when i had vicki in poser, i deleted all her magnets and saved as a new cr2.  made a big performance difference.

was there something about smoothing and duf figures?  think Wendy mentioned somewhere turning off the smoothing for performance.  cant remember how tho

thanks will check that out :)

well this worked - luckily !

quote from poser newsletter

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/470/3-ways-poser-works-with-other-programs-plus-the-daz-workaround

How to do it:

• Load the figure in an empty scene in DAZ.
    • Apply any of the morphs you want to include. (Don't need to be actively applied just displayed in the list of morphs)
    • Choose File > Export > Poser CR2.
    • Select Base figure type.
    • Choose a runtime folder for Poser. (Pro tip: Put into in a new empty runtime so it's easily located.)
    • Check Save with PMD.
    • Check Collect Files in Base Runtime Path.

This gives you a Basic CR2 for Genesis 1 or Genesis 2, but DAZ saves the files in Poser 9 format so there won't be materials for SuperFly.

not sure if you could use this to reduce genesis sizes as well?