null or empty script name passed to pepythonengine

ultima9999ultima9999 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

hi again
i'm back to ask another question
when i try to use Crying Time material (tears) i get this message :
null or empty script name passed to pepythonengine
i tryed to google it and i found 5 results , 3 are japanese , sadly i don't understand the language (plus looks like they are questions without answers to be honest)
1 is a runtime DNA post , someone asked the same question i'm reporting here but whoever answered him / her did it via private message .
and the last is a very long report about a test i that does'nt seem to answer my question ..
what should i do to make the tears to work ?
Crying time is made of expressions and materials , but materials are installed under pose folder , plus i'm not sure they are just materials , because the tears should apply to any skin (the one i'm using is Eliza for K4)

thanks in advance
Ultima9999

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461
    edited December 1969

Which version of Poser are you using?

• ultima9999ultima9999 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

poser pro 2012

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461
    edited December 1969

Poser 9/Pro 2012 use a newer version of Python - as a result compiled scripts (.pyc) are failing until updated. Are the scripts with Crying Time for Poser .py or .pyc?

edited July 2012

i just used the installer ... how can i find that out ?
    when i want to use that content i simply use search "cry" and get 2 folders
    each is subdivided in 3 other folders the first changes theyr expressiosn and that one works , the other one should add swollen eyes and tears , swollen eyes works , other ones don't ( also sclera red won't work and gives the same error)

this is the product i'm talking about http://www.daz3d.com/shop/crying-time-for-poser/

Post edited by ultima9999 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

According to the Product details this particluar product is .pyc.

The creator is working her way through and updating all her scripts. There was a thread about it in the old forums, and she was updating it as she got each one done, but there is quite a lot of work involved..

edited December 1969

the page i linked says "poser 7 or above" , but i had the same problem with poser 8 with this product
    i don't know if it's just me or it happened to someone else , but it works only for poser 7 , as far as i can understand from this thread.
    On the RDNA forum i read the problem was solved , but it does'nt say how , and actually it's not about this product and perhaps the way they fixed the problem won't work for for my issue .
    I think daz (or the author) should test the product with P8 and above and correct the description , afterall , it has a cost , and it's not cheap as one may think.

i tryed to search the best words to not sound offensive to you , if i failed on this then i'm sorry , but english is not my main language.
    i'm sure you will understand the concept behind this thought

thank you for your support

Ultima9999

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I repeat my previous comments.

The Creator of this product is in the process of updating her entire catalogue, to make them work in the newest versions of Poser. THis problem has arisen because the Pythoon scripting has changed in the newer version, and this happened after the products were released.