Mac Users/ Carrera

Hello,

I am running a brand new Mac Pro. I am unable to load custom textures into backgrounds, backdrops, and shaders etc…

I can navigate to the files and select them but they do not load in preview window or show up in a scene..Also,If I click on a scene in "My Presets " It will open fine. However , if I try to open a scene through Carrera browser iit will not load. 

Something else worth noting.... I have an old iMac running Carrera as well. It is loading textures no problem. If I save the the Carrera scenes on the iMac I can open the external scene from my desktop on my Mac Pro All my texture will load on the Mac Pro. I can also drag and drop textures from one shader window to another on the Mac Pro

I also own Poser 11. I have tried unsuccessfully to add th "runtime" to Carrera.

It seems as if / Carrera(myself) has a acquisition issue? Not sure i if all these problems are related. 

I have been told Carrera is no longer being developed. If I were to roll back to a different OS What would be the best version/option to roll back to?

Thanks, 

Comments

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

I still use Yosemite on my machine and Carrara runs well minus long standing bugs and doing things I shouldn't do. This thread may offer insights:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/357626/macos-catalina

There is another thread I can't find at the moment that may have a work around but was / is not for the faint of heart.
    Sorry for your pain...sad

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

it really sux that Daz3D give away software that requires high end machines to run it efficiently yet don't update their paid for software to run on those high end machines

and it would I imagine be sucha simple update... angry

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Carrara is broken under MacOS Catalina, primarily due to the changes in file security/sandboxing. Any version of MacOS prior to that (Mojave for instance) is mostly fine tho. There is an issue that it won't tell you the name of a file it can't find in the "file not found" dialog - I think that's what DesertDude is alluding to above. The fix for it is rather complicated (and frankly I didn't bother!)